• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

KM3 Feedback

08H3

Is anyone running KM3s? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts. I've been ridiculously impressed with my KM2s, and unless BFG managed to somehow totally screw up the KM series, I can't imagine running anything else. Thanks in advance.

amrg

Love them. Running them in 37x12.5r17, load C
Slightly noisier than my cooper AT tires (which were very quiet). Look great too

Zach

Mall Crawler
Love them. Running them in 37x12.5r17, load C
Slightly noisier than my cooper AT tires (which were very quiet). Look great too

Load range C? When I bought mine, I had a huge issue with the pig feeling really squirrelly on the highway. Turned out I had 3 load range D and 1 load range C. From my understanding they only made the load range C for a couple of days in that size, it was a test or for a specific reason.

Review of them, once I found the right tire pressure. Awesome tire! A little softer than the KM2’S, will see how they wear

amrg

I thought Id do an update here, tire wear isnt that great! The fronts lost alot of thread within 10K miles. The way I see it, with tire rotation including the spare I'd probably get around 30K!
I checked with the dealer here, they are getting another shipment and they too are load range C.
I like the looks of the tire but coming from a Cooper AT3 which got me about 80K, 30K seems awful for a hybrid AT/MT

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Iwillnc

That’s not that great, I wonder if it’s because of the lighter load range? I want to say I got 56k miles out of my Cooper STT mud tires (previous generation) which I thought was great but they were load range E so they could be a bit rough.

1claire

[FONT=&amp]I have seen a lot of good reviews about this all-terrain tire but I have ended up getting Nitto Ridge Grappler. One of my friends runs it in his Jeep so I have installed it on my Hummer. I love the aggressive patterns and traction that it provides on dry and wet road. [/FONT]

Last edited:

MilamJR

I replaced the BFG KO2’s with Nitto Trail Grapplers and have been very happy with the decision. Once I started to take my H2 off-road the BFG’s started to loose chunks of tread off of them. I have not had the same problem with the Nitto’s with a more aggressive tread and a trip to Moab under their belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08H3

Thought I would add my input to my own original question. I've had them for 9,000 miles and been very happy. For anything I have done, I don't see any revolutionary improvement over the KM2, but certainly not worse. I have not had the wear issues like some of you. Blocks still have nice square edges. These are range E though, so I would suspect that's the difference. I find that odd that the 37s are not available in an E. The C range tires are an odd duck for sure. I have an acquaintance that works at the plant in Woodburn. He's a wealth of knowledge on their products. Next time I see him I'll ask what the story is with the range C tires. PXL_20201014_193739600.jpg

amrg

Well to update this thread, took the 3 offroad this weekend, a 50 miles combo of desert/sand dunes and beach, the tires did amazing. I was aired down to 14 psi upfront/ 10 psi at the rears. Climbing sand dunes at 10 mph was super easy. Didnt matter what type of sand I was on, everything was super easy. Way superior to my previous cooper AT3 set, and the ride was smoother too.
No balancing issues after airing back up either, which is great! Tires look fine too

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk