• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Midwest meetup/wheeling trip

Wheeling dates

• 3/14-3/15

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 3/21-3/22

• 4/4-4/5

• 4/11-4/12

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 4/18-4/19

• 4/25 -4/26

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • other, please specify in the thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
All I’m gonna try to get something together for a Midwest meetup. Years ago, I’m talking about 8-9 years ago we had a huge outing at the Badlands ORP in Attica Indiana with 15 or so rigs showing up, was a grand old time. That being said I’d like to get something like that setup for this spring, there are lots of old and new owners in the area.

So the FAQs

Where: Badlands ORP, Attica Indiana
When: see poll, put a few dates out there for everyone
Who: anyone who wants to wheel
Terrain: Sand, mud, rocks, tight wooded trails, creek beds.

Badlands is a very easy park to navigate for both stock and heavily built rigs, I’ve wheeled plenty of it on stock 32’s and got by, stuck a few times but got through.

https://badlandsoffroad.com/

-Its $25 for the day, $10 per passenger
-you will need an orange safety flag (can be purchased there)
-there is a free air compressor for airing up if you need it
-pressure washer is available, costs a few $
-There is an SUV/sxs only section of the park known as the rock quarry, keep the dirt bikes and ATVs out.

You can vote more than once FYI.

3/14-3/151
3/21-3/221
4/4-4/51
4/11-4/122
4/18-4/191
4/25-4/262
other

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
FYI, Black Sheep week is April 12 so you might have more participation with other weeks. I think we're just stealing 1-2 midwesterners for Moab. Of course, you could just get out to Moab yourself, ya know!

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
FYI, Black Sheep week is April 12 so you might have more participation with other weeks. I think we're just stealing 1-2 midwesterners for Moab. Of course, you could just get out to Moab yourself, ya know!
Yea I know lol trying to get something going for those that can make it. It's like a 21 hour drive for me. I'd love to go but that's just slightly out of reach haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Too far? We've had members from North Carolina and Tampa. 3Hummers and his brother have each driven H1s up from TX, and slowly. I've driven to Dayton, OH from Phoenix to give a 20 minute presentation.

But I'm glad to see you're getting something going in the midwest. Thanks for organizing it!

MilamJR

Yea I know lol trying to get something going for those that can make it. It's like a 21 hour drive for me. I'd love to go but that's just slightly out of reach haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am going to drive 24 hours each way from Alabama to enjoy Moab and the fellowship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk