• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Stories from the garage...

4speedfunk

Well. It finally happened. If you play with fire long enough, you WILL get burned.

December 14th, I got in a hurry. Got complacent. Got lazy. And it happened. I had an angle grinder get away from me. 4-1/2” x 1/8” cutoff disc...sawed thru my thumb in about a tenth of a second.

Still healing...got some nerve damage and numbness but, I should be back to 100% by summer.

Enjoy...

d0b1a25e82b5ee6fac43f92da2a027e6.jpg

03c86979349ae05297c3a7aa559a1b78.jpg

f9fb20c1569d6051602d2bd76851ff71.jpg

Be careful. It only takes a split second.

atvspeed4

Sorry to hear that! I feel ya same thing happened to me with an angle grinder. Was in rush and disk jammed in piece then jumped out and grabbed my finger. Took a long time for all the little pieces of abrasive to come to surface

fanugy

I have five stitch scars in each thumb- buried a box cutter in one and wrestled a band saw with the other. Both 20+ years ago and that photo still makes me cringe, uncomfortable, and grateful I still have all mine and you have that one too. Hope it heals and rehabs quick. Thank you for the reminder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just rub some dirt on it and you will be ok in no time.

:)

Glad it did not take that digit completely off.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Did you enjoy your last hospital stay so much that you had to go back?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Acer4LO

Dang that looks bad. Hope you feel better. I am definitely gonna be more careful with the grinder from now on.