• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

[POSTPONED] 2020 Black Sheep Week - April 12-18

JPaul

Got this today.

Book now before it's too late, as Kane Creek Campground and RV park will be limited to 102 total sites in 2020 and be closed for improvements in 2021. To be in better alignment with the local community and officials, we have agreed to reduce our number of sites by more than 80%. What that means is less congestion and a better experience for our guests, but it also means sites will go fast, especially in the March-May time period.

Tourism has exploded in Moab and the local and county governments have responded by slashing camping/RV and overnight accommodation permits. Also, due to this limitation, we will no longer be accepting guests who have not pre-booked with us. Space is extremely limited at our property and in the rest of Moab and surrounding areas, so make your reservations ASAP to make sure you can enjoy all the area has to offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tourism (read, money flow) is up so we're going to make it harder to stay here. Uh, what?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
They like the right kind of tourists. You know, those that walk and pedal, there way around, hug trees until they cry and wear flip flops and weird looking clothes.

Last edited:

SlcHummer

Looks like I'll make it out to Moab for trails Friday 4/17 (arriving around 8am) and Saturday 4/18, then heading home Sunday. I got a place to stay, some friends coming along (2 jeeps, 1 utv, 1 atv), time requested off work (not yet approved but dont anticipate problems) and should have a trailer lined up this weekend.

I'm not sure what our plans look like yet but hoping we can join the H4O group for at least one day if you'll have us. I should know more in the coming days and will let you know.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gee, with the NBA canceling their season, NCAA, Houston Rodeo, Celebration at the Silos, college and school classes going online are we going to be reduced to viewing videos of past Moab events? Do we need to stay broken down into groups of less than 10 to avoid government sanctions, will we need to bring an 8 pack of toilet paper to be allowed access into the National Parks? ( Don't get that since none of the symptoms of Covid19 seems to indicate a need for large quantities of TP )

In all seriousness does anyone see or hear of any measures that might be taken that would impact the Moab trip? Parks/trails being closed, restrictions implemented in Moab( we know what a hippie/liberal place Moab can be ) Fuel deliveries to Moab? Easter Jeep Safari is right before us and I guess we will see what they do to them but it seems like they are pumping the brakes on the world pretty hard. A lot of this stuff is going to impact the income of a lot of people. Wonder if we might see rental rates fall on hotels, Air BNBs, etc. Just tossing this out there for discussion.

MilamJR

Got this early this morning:

Update regarding events during
Easter Jeep Safari 2020

The Grand County council is putting forth an emergency ordinance limiting attendance at special events.

A careful review of the attendance limits on mass events has put us in the position of canceling the Vendor Expo held in conjunction with EJS.

All of the trails for EJS will go off as scheduled.

Meeting places and times will remain the same.

Registration will be open at Old Spanish Trail Arena every morning from 7:00 am starting Saturday April 4th.

All other EJS related activities will be handled on a case by case basis.

At this time both the Quadretec BBQ (April 7) and the Boy Scout BBQ (April 9) have also been cancelled.

There have been a few trail cancellations by individuals and those spots have been put back in inventory for sale. You may want to visit the web site and see if there is a trails that you would like to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not surprised. Our group doesn't touch the size of EJS but between now and mid-April it will be interesting to see what else they decide we can't do. Given that people from all over the world travel to Moab you have to wonder when the first cases of Covid19 appear there.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I heard that the EJS participants will be wiping down all of the slick rock trails with Chlorox bleach wipes.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I'll trade some toilet paper for a grease gun with silicon grease cartridges. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
snorkle.jpg
I don't care what they say, I am going come hell or high water, and I have a snorkel on the truck already so nnyyeehh. :mock:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
In order to maintain proper "social distancing", the Black Sheep T-shirts are being replaced with these items for all Moab attendees.
1094a_hb_5b0e75ef680f9.jpg