• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

[POSTPONED] 2020 Black Sheep Week - April 12-18

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, that would not be good. Most of the local gun stores have sold out of pistol ammunition and had very brisk sales in popular rifle ammo. People are losing their minds over this stuff. Bottled water? Really? My wife works for the water department and said there is contingency plan after plan to make sure the water keeps flowing out of your faucet. They have cleaning people doing nothing but wiping down counters, door knobs, etc to make sure the workplace is clean and sanitary, workers are cross-trained to do other peoples jobs, the water plants are fenced and gate guarded to restrict access. Bread, really? It only lasts for about a week and there are bakeries all over the place. Milk...I can name a dozen dairies within 10 miles of my hometown. Eggs.....the list just goes on and on. The local stores are sold out of bread, rice, spaghetti, dry beans, flour, eggs, milk, cheese, meat, anti-bacterial soap, clothes washing soap, disinfectants instant mashed potatoes, cornbread mix, bottled water, canned goods ( unless you like beets or wax beans ), even the toothpaste aisle was decimated.
After living in Cali and getting trained to be earthquake prepared we are in pretty good shape if this only lasts a couple of months but it sure would be nice to be able to go to the store and get a loaf of fresh bread or a gallon of milk when I wanted.

MilamJR

Shows why preparing some level of readiness beforehand is so valuable. No stress here. My nephew works at Academy in Atlanta and said that gun and ammunition sales have been crazy. His theory is that these people are going to rob people of toilet paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who has guns and no ammo? Why the rush to buy ammo. Its not like these people are going to be hanging out in the Walmart parking lot holding people up for their canned corn and TP. I doubt anyone is going to risk robbing someone for this stuff. I know Covid19 is serious enough to warrant being smart, careful and using good sense but people need to be thinking at the same time. I guess dying with a clean ass is really important to some people.

MilamJR

Who has guns and no ammo? Why the rush to buy ammo. Its not like these people are going to be hanging out in the Walmart parking lot holding people up for their canned corn and TP. I doubt anyone is going to risk robbing someone for this stuff. I know Covid19 is serious enough to warrant being smart, careful and using good sense but people need to be thinking at the same time. I guess dying with a clean ass is really important to some people.

Bottom line is people are scared. The 24 hour a day news media has a vested interest in whipping them up to drive ratings. This is a serious situation but no need for panic.

bebe

quarantine snacks.jpglol

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The way states are shutting down restaurants we may need to plan on eating at the condo every night. Who knows what will be open by the time we get there. Make that call as it gets closer.

JPaul

It's insane how this has been playing out. We're doing ok up at our new place in the country. Apparently we got out of the city in time.

Only Salt Lake county has shut down dining in at restaurants in Utah as far as I know. I haven't heard of any other counties or towns doing the same, but that may change. We're still in the early stages of this though. And it keeps changing every 12 hours it seems.

Curious to see how this ends up by the time our trip rolls around.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SlcHummer

Shows why preparing some level of readiness beforehand is so valuable. No stress here. My nephew works at Academy in Atlanta and said that gun and ammunition sales have been crazy. His theory is that these people are going to rob people of toilet paper.

Agreed. If most people had 1-2 months of supplies on hand I suspect there wouldn't be as much panic going on. I'm stocked up on supplies for a few months and have been for awhile, and even though I have plenty of TP, being able to wipe my ass comfortably is not my primary concern in these times, if necessary I'll just jump in the shower right next to me ;)

People are losing their minds over this stuff. Bottled water? Really? My wife works for the water department and said there is contingency plan after plan to make sure the water keeps flowing out of your faucet. They have cleaning people doing nothing but wiping down counters, door knobs, etc to make sure the workplace is clean and sanitary, workers are cross-trained to do other peoples jobs, the water plants are fenced and gate guarded to restrict access.

The same people stocking up on bottled water thinking it'll get contaminated are the same people buying up the bidet's on Amazon...apparently they've never heard of a booty bump ;)

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
They just closed all of the restaurants and bars in Waco, TX. Seeing how all the grocery store shelves are barren I hope people have enough food to get by.

MilamJR

They just closed all of the restaurants and bars in Waco, TX. Seeing how all the grocery store shelves are barren I hope people have enough food to get by.

In the words of Hank Williams Jr “A Country Boy Can Survive”.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just left the IGA. Unless you want tomato sauce or red onions you are pretty much out of luck. I got the last head of lettuce, last two cucumbers and the last bag of celery. No meat, no dairy, no paper, no bread, very little can goods or soup...unreal.

MilamJR

Just left the IGA. Unless you want tomato sauce or red onions you are pretty much out of luck. I got the last head of lettuce, last two cucumbers and the last bag of celery. No meat, no dairy, no paper, no bread, very little can goods or soup...unreal.

System can’t support panic buying. Hopefully everyone will settle down soon so the system can recover quickly. If not the panic will worsen which isn’t good for anyone.

bebe

https://www.moabsunnews.com/news/pdf_9399d640-687b-11ea-9a37-67d07ec7f691.html

This is an emerging story and this page will be updated as information comes in.
In a live press conference on March 17, Southeast Utah Health Department Director Bradon Bradford announced a mandatory "soft" closure of restaurants, bars and other public gathering places for Emery, Carbon and Grand Counties. The order also bars hotels and other lodging from checking in any guests who are not from one of those counties or can prove they are working in the area.

Attachments

• Moab Closure 3.17.2020.jpg
    Moab Closure 3.17.2020.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

bebe

As noted above, it's shut down to visitors who are staying less than 30 days. IIRC our condo contracts are written for 30 days to get around the vacation rental rules even though we are not staying that long.

If you booked a hotel, that could be an issue, but a lot can change in the next 30 days.

rascole

Just go this email. Lets hope humanity is restored in 14 days and we can still wheel.

[FONT=&quot]Dear Guest,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We regret to inform you that as of [/FONT]March 17, 2020

[FONT=&quot] the Southeast Utah Health Department has issued a public health order that all overnight and short-term lodging facilities cannot rent to anyone other than essential visitors and primary residents only. This order is in effect for the next 30 days, but will be reevaluated in 14 days. Therefore, we are mandated by law to cancel your reservation and provide a full refund. If your reservation is after the 14 day evaluation period ([/FONT]March 30th
[FONT=&quot]), then you have the option of waiting to cancel your reservation to determine if the order will be lifted when reevaluated in 14 days. If you decide to cancel after the order is reevaluated, you will still receive a full refund. We encourage and would appreciate considering the option of changing your reservation to future dates or you can take a credit towards a future reservation with us. If you are interested in these option, please respond to this email to let us know. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We will be in touch with you by phone as we process your cancellation. Due to the high volume of calls and emails, we ask for your patience and that you refrain from reaching out by phone, text or email unless of an emergency or unless you would like to change your reservation to a future date or take a credit for a future reservation. Refunds will be processed back on to the credit card that you used when booking the unit. Refunds will take 5-7 business days to fully process. If you booked through VRBO, you will also receive a separate refund for your service fee through them.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We will provide updates as we continue to receive them from the Southeast Utah Department of Health. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. [/FONT]

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Bigunit has a couple of extra bedrooms. . . :)

There's some good wheeling in other parts of UT and AZ but it's too early to commit to something, not knowing if other places might follow suit. Colorado would be too snowy this early.

EndeavoredH3

Flagstaff just called for a state of emergency, and ordered a mandatory closure of restaurants/bars that do not offer a to-go service. Along with the mall/gyms/exhibits. I wonder if a quarantine is next, but there hasn’t been a single case up here yet.

Thank God I purchased toilet paper a couple weeks ago, it’d be a ****ty time if I had to find some now.

RuggedH2

Web Wheeler
Crazy times. I've been watching you guys (and Queen Bebe) plan this thing and was hoping to roll in if I could get loose from work. Not going to happen this year. Emergency shifts instead. Seems everyone else is staying home they are making me work extra hours. :roll:

I hope this trip works out for all of you. Good luck!

Last edited: