• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

[POSTPONED] 2020 Black Sheep Week - April 12-18

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
It's a start. Limited reservations, limited restaurant service, no camping and no national parks. But we're getting closer!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Progress. Texas is opening back up this Friday. Retail and restaurants are good for up to 25% of their rated occupancy. I can imagine that the restaurants are going to be flooded with people ready to eat out again.

Neo

Badfish
the house should arrive in Moab on Thursday... i hear the town is empty but open on a limited basis. we may head out for a week in June if the world gets its $hit together

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Moab is open on a limited basis. National Parks like Arches are still closed but you can make hotel reservations. Restaurants can open with the proper health precautions. Hoping that the National Parks reopen by then or we may change up the trip.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
There has . . . but I figured out I should get some more feedback. Do many of y'all think you could make that week work?

BTW, I was in Moab this past weekend and the town is still there. About 4 more hotels going in, along with more condo complexes. At least the main street is getting widened to four lanes on the north side of town.

The town was packed over the holiday weekend but very quiet as quickly as Monday evening. Neo's new house has been delivered but it not fully set up.

MilamJR

There has . . . but I figured out I should get some more feedback. Do many of y'all think you could make that week work?

BTW, I was in Moab this past weekend and the town is still there. About 4 more hotels going in, along with more condo complexes. At least the main street is getting widened to four lanes on the north side of town.

The town was packed over the holiday weekend but very quiet as quickly as Monday evening. Neo's new house has been delivered but it not fully set up.

I can’t, but unlikely I can make any date work this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rascole

We are 2 months away from the delayed trip. With a lot of places back on lock down does anyone know the status of Moab? I still have not heard back from the rental place and may start looking elsewhere.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Moab is open with some reduced capacities at hotels and restaurants. I was there several weeks ago and there were tons of Jeeps, UTVs etc. all around town.

I haven't tried to formalize our week as it's up in the air for so many of us. I am 90% sure that I'm free that week but I also know that we can't book our usual spot and that makes it challenging, especially with the dogs.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Still too hot in AZ at that time of year. But other places can be considered. Tough to find something where we can establish a home base and have four or five good trails close by.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Well, who's ready to commit? I can get away to Moab. Anyone else? We're talking 3 1/2 weeks from now.

JPaul

I can get down there for a few days, but probably not more than that. We have a new junior sysadmin that just started at work today and we're getting pretty close to really moving our datacenter now.

I still haven't hooked up my airlines for the lockers, but the pump is in place and it wouldn't take long to get it hooked up the rest of the way if I had a hard deadline to meet. Everything else important is in place again, front diff made it back in and the skids were mounted back up at the end of January and I took it for a drive while camping along a few really good routes in the Uintah's. Fridge is back together too with a new digital controller so it actually keeps a set temperature now. Ended up not getting new tires this year like I was hoping, but the Duratrac's still have enough life left in them for another trip or two.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk