• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

[POSTPONED] 2020 Black Sheep Week - April 12-18

RamRod

That sucks. I fear there will be many more bad stories before this is all over with.

My father in Law was laid-off this week
My brother is laying off 60 of his 105 staff
The company I work for just laid-off 250 people in Jan and now are going to do a similar round of lay-offs again in the beginning of April

Lots of "fun" times ahead

RamRod

Try to be patient. Just heard a guy on the radio say that they gave 40 people with the virus in France the combination of a Zpack and a rheumatoid medicine that are both generic and widely available. Completely cured in 6 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope it can be something as simple as this!

MilamJR

Spoke to my mother tonight and her friend that is a retired nurse about 75 years old was very sick about a week ago after she had come into contact with someone who ended up testing positive for the virus. After about 5 days she had totally recovered after taking a zpack. Turns out she grew up in India and took this malaria medicine for her whole life so she thinks it was built up in her system. I think the zpack helps with the lungs but I am certainly not a doctor.

rascole

So I was just put on a 7 on 7 off schedule starting Monday. All non essential workers and employees over 65 off indefinitely. Was given a hall pass for marshall law driving to get to work..

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
We have made the decision to postpone Black Sheep Week to later in 2020, tentatively Sept 27-Oct 3. It's an unfortunate, but not really difficult, decision to make. Even if Moab lifts its hotel and restaurant restrictions, it's more important right now that we focus on family, health and safety over the next few weeks. The panic around the coronavirus has made it difficult to come together as a group but hopefully each of you can take this time for yourselves, whether sheltering or going out and having some fun on your local trails.

Please be safe, be healthy, be kind and considerate, and we'll all see each other soon.

Alex

MilamJR

Sorry to hear this but I understand. Was looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the trails at Moab.

cbetts

NERD!!!
So I was just put on a 7 on 7 off schedule starting Monday. All non essential workers and employees over 65 off indefinitely. Was given a hall pass for marshall law driving to get to work..
No change for me. Still working M-F and even working OT on the weekends. Only good news is my commute went from 45 minutes to 15.

Sent from my Pokémon GO appliance using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Sorry to hear this but I understand. Was looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the trails at Moab.

I was holding off on postponing mostly for you since you'd be coming from further away, and it would be your first event with us.

MilamJR

I was holding off on postponing mostly for you since you'd be coming from further away, and it would be your first event with us.

Thanks. KOA just called to see if I wanted to cancel my reservation. Said that they are closed for 30 days but would re-evaluate after 2 weeks and could possibly reopen prior to the 30 days and my reservation. I told him our group had canceled our event so they are going to process a full refund today.

JPaul

As much as I wish we could move forward with the trip as originally planned, the reality is that we're still in the beginnings of this whole thing. On top of that, having a group of people from all around the country get together in one place is probably not the wisest idea at this point in time.

I'll look forward to the fall trip instead, though I am still going to take the time off of work in April and use it to get some stuff done around the house here and maybe take a short overnighter or something.

I just hope that this all lets up by May at least so that I can still go to Overland Expo West. Paid extra to be able to take the training classes they offer to work on improving my skills and knowledge.

rascole

How I feel.
730e63a4f4400c92181af6c94b5445fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zach

Mall Crawler
Sad to hear postponing. Agree it’s for the best. Hopefully everyone stays safe. **** is going to get worse. Plus, gives me a chance of actually making it

bebe

The company I rented the condo through wanted to give me a credit, not a refund. I wrote them a nastygram. They changed their mind and said I would have a full refund by EOD.

LagunaH1

The company I rented the condo through wanted to give me a credit, not a refund. I wrote them a nastygram. They changed their mind and said I would have a full refund by EOD.

VRBO / Vacasa has completely ignored me so far