• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

[POSTPONED] 2020 Black Sheep Week - April 12-18

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO SEPT/OCT 2020

It's a whole new year and that means another Black Sheep Week in Moab!

When - Sunday, April 12 - Saturday, April 18
Where- Moab, UT
Who - all off-roaders that want to have a good time in Moab

We will plan on meeting at the Outpost each morning, typically 9 am. https://goo.gl/maps/JAtc5CatqnJXLxgQ8

A variety of lodging options are available in Moab, including commercial campgrounds, rough camping, hotels (Motel 6 often has the best rates). Condos on the south side of town are becoming more popular and that's now our evening meeting place. If you can get 3+ together, you may save some money vs. hotels. Check out VRBO.com. All vehicles are welcome - Hummers, Jeeps, Rovers, Scorpions, RZRs, etc.

First timers - the prerequisite is to have fun! As for your vehicle, you'll want the following: good off-road tires, undercarriage protection (skid plates), spare parts for common breakages for your vehicle (CV axles, u-joints, etc.), any specialty tools for your vehicle (wheel locks, odd size sockets/wrenches), air compressor (most air down for the week and air up at the end, but some days have longer roads home so airing up is advised), cooler for your daily bevs/lunch (no alcohol on the trails, please), CB radio preferred.

What's our daily agenda? Meet at 9ish at the Outpost, go do a trail, get back into town. We've been doing group dinners at one of the condos more often in the past couple of years (Ugly Beans!).

First times - no worries, we will not get you over your head or let you do any foolish stuff. We'll keep an eye on you and your rig and coach you through things and build your skills before you do anything too difficult.

Expected to appear this year: a bright yellow Scorpion, a newly lifted H3T Alpha, an upgraded WJ, an updated Bebe-monster with a 6.0 and upgraded axles, and many others.

Attendee List

Best guess and confirmed is below. I will start cleaning up as we get confirmations. Italics is unconfirmed

# in PartyAttendeesK9VehicleLodgingConfirmed?Arrival/Departure DatesState
2NeoH3?OR
23Hummers2ScorpionCondoYTX
1Alrock1H3CondoYSat-SatAZ
2Reloader & JeriH3ACondoYSat-SatAZ
2LagunaH1WJCondoCA
1JasonJKCondoYSat-SatAZ
2Bebe & Speedy2H3MCondoYSat-SatNV
1BigunitH3TACondoAZ
2SilvertonJKRV?YAZ
1.5JR3TH3TACondoAZ
1JPaulH3A?YSun-Sat?UT
1TXMikeJK?YTX
2RascoleCAYCA
4jakesz28TBDCondoYMO
3MilamJRH2RVSun-SatAL
5OltorfH2YTX
1Korby7H3YThurs-SatUT
1Cruiser BoyJKYTX
1SickStringC (Chris)JKCO

Last edited:

JPaul

After almost a year my rig is finally getting close to being put back together after our last trip. Just have to get the front wheels back on, the diff filled, and the breather line hooked up and it'll be road worthy again. I have some other work to do still to have it Moab ready, like hooking up the air system for the lockers and some other minor things. Oh, and new tires will need to go on before the trip as well.

I'm going to try to do the full week again, I swear one of these years I will be able to make it happen!

If anyone has a spare room I'll happily split costs with you for the week. If not I'll grab an AirBnB or something.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
My plan is to be there with JJ. Not sure if it will be the Scorpion or the H1 but I will show up with something. As always, looking forward to a week on great trails with great friends creating great memories.

EndeavoredH3

I was hoping to have the truck ready this year, a lot of things need attention that added up quick so next year is the goal. Does MOAB require at minimum a rear locker?

SlcHummer

Are dogs welcome? I'd like to bring my 100lbs border collie/lab mix with me if possible. He's rode as a passenger twice now in Moab and has done pretty good, gotten a bit scared from time to time on an obstacle but who of us haven't ;). I have a harness to keep him buckled in and bring extra water to keep him and other fury friends hydrated.

JPaul

Are dogs welcome? I'd like to bring my 100lbs border collie/lab mix with me if possible. He's rode as a passenger twice now in Moab and has done pretty good, gotten a bit scared from time to time on an obstacle but who of us haven't ;). I have a harness to keep him buckled in and bring extra water to keep him and other fury friends hydrated.
There's always at least one or two dogs in the group. Some stay behind at the condos but others come with us. Parker always comes up with Alrock but I think lately he's been staying back at base.

rascole

Just made my reservations. Got a condo with a couple of extra rooms if someone is wanting to split the cost. April 12 - 18.

Last edited:

JPaul

Just made my reservations. Got a condo with a couple of extra rooms if someone is wanting to split the cost. April 12 - 18.
Was going to PM you but your box is full.

I'd be interested in grabbing one of the extra rooms. How much would you need? It'll just be me, family doesn't think it's fun to ride in a car all day. Their loss.

I think I still owe you a burger or two for those parts as well.

Neo

Badfish
not sure what i'll be doing right now, have to be in Colorado middle of next month for Tina's closing, there's still no house in Moab but there should be by April. if i can plan on being there for my listing when you guys are in town i will. we should have a travel trailer on the vacant lot next month, i'll keep you posted and i'll check back here for the latest updates. camping at the outpost is still an option for anyone on a budget ;)

Silverton34

We haven’t made any reservations yet but will certainly be in the motorhome, I’ll post the info when we find a spot.

Looks like I need to edit my location!

Last edited:

MilamJR

We haven’t made any reservations yet but will certainly be in the motorhome, I’ll post the info when we find a spot.

If I can come I am going to do the same. Will need full hook ups for 44 ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilamJR

Where have you camped before that you would recommend? I stayed at Kane Creek last time but it was just over a long weekend. I can’t go a whole week without cell or internet service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk