• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

North Fl ---> Baltimore

FloridaH3

Hey everybody! Been in Baltimore for a little over a year now for school but grew up in Florida my whole life. Took over payments on my mom's '06 H3 at the beginning of 2015 when she tried to sell it (no way I was letting the old girl go).

Got her at 170ishk miles and am at 222k now. Only thing not stock about it is the 35's and an aftermarket head-unit. Never had any issues with anything mechanical, just normal cosmetic and electrical wear. Recently developed a pretty decent oil leak around the valve cover (was putting off fixing it). Started losing power and misfiring so took her to a friend's shop, found coil #2 filled with oil (yikes). Replacing the valve cover gasket, tune up with new coils. Should be running tip-top again (picking her up tomorrow from the shop). Oh and he found a broken bolt on the intake manifold. Nothing major.

Have been putting off any upgrades as I was happy with stock look but going to get into some upgrades soon. Currently waiting on a skyjackerH7000 hydro shock set to arrive, and some smoked out taillights I saw in another thread. Keeping all lights/bulbs stock for now. Will continue reading through the thread to get an idea of what I want to do as far as powertrain goes in a long-term sense. Will likely go ahead and do a transmission rebuild in the next few months, just because she is bound to go anytime lol. Still has stock everything at 222k miles. no rebuilds/remans, but my luck can only stretch so far lol. **EDIT** It has the I5 and auto transmission (not sure of the options in 06, so this may be redundant)

Will post pics up when I get home from work (typing this up at lunch lol). All the plastic trim is faded so looking to repaint those this weekend (all plastic trim no chrome other than grill which I want to paint). Likely going matte black paintjob after I get the powertrain upgraded so may just wait on the grill. Will likely stick with the 35's and stock ride height for awhile, eventually settling with 37's and a slight lift.

Glad to be on board :) Now back to work (aka reading through more threads)

FloridaH3

81033014_1768482493286335_710590781366206464_n.jpg
67132574_380163622634595_5857252402855411712_n.jpg