• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

WTB Hummer H2 U steps (4)

ArloTheH2

Looking for a set of reasonably priced U steps. e0bfda4e300343159e6a345847860047.jpg

MilamJR

I had these rock sliders built to use N Fab detachable steps for about $800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArloTheH2

I really hate these junk nerf bars. Just got this truck Thanksgiving morning and I'm about to pull them off and chunk them in a dumpster.

Attachments

• 20191209_030631.jpg
    20191209_030631.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 259

MilamJR

I really hate these junk nerf bars. Just got this truck Thanksgiving morning and I'm about to pull them off and chunk them in a dumpster.

That is what mine had. What I have now is a real upgrade. The steps help my wife and mother get in when they ride in it but they are easy to remove when you want to take it off road and need better clearance and protection.

amrg

Ive seen them for sale on facebook, guy was asking 1k just for 4 steps!!!

MilamJR

If I remember right I bought all 4 steps and had the rock sliders made for $800 total.

ArloTheH2

Ive seen them for sale on facebook, guy was asking 1k just for 4 steps!!!

I know what you mean. The average asking price seems to be $1k, but I've seen ads (already sold) for $450-600 too. This is going to be an overland build, and I expect it to get expensive. I've got to buy smart when i can. If I cant find a good set around $700 I'll just fire up the mig and Mad Max a set that are indestructible lol.

MilamJR

I know what you mean. The average asking price seems to be $1k, but I've seen ads (already sold) for $450-600 too. This is going to be an overland build, and I expect it to get expensive. I've got to buy smart when i can. If I cant find a good set around $700 I'll just fire up the mig and Mad Max a set that are indestructible lol.

If you can weld up your own rock sliders buy some NFab steps and you will have a superior solution for less than $700.

MilamJR

If you can weld up your own rock sliders buy some NFab steps and you will have a superior solution for less than $700.

So the rock sliders that are on the truck are junk?

Never got my OEM ones against anything but they are so close in there is no room for error. The ones I had built stick out about 6 inches and are a heavier OD. I did pivot off a decent size rock at Moab and had a scratch about a foot long on the rock slider on the passenger side. I think I would have had door damage with the OEM ones.

Big2dabank

I have beat on my OEM rock sliders pretty hard over the last 10 plus years, they are bent and banged up, but the u-steps still fit after a wheeling trip with some help of the BFH to straighten the frame brackets, they tend to take the most damage. I added a set of 1-1/2" spacers to push them out a little further, so I have never had issues with anything getting past the sliders and into the body/doors. I have a spare set of OEM sliders for when these finally show signs of stress I can't fix. Until then I'll keep beating on them.