• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 Heater Core

MilamJR

I have a coolant leak that is coming down the passenger side of the transmission bell housing. Passenger floorboard is dry. Started running warm today so I turned off the heat and the temperature dropped quickly to near normal then turned heat back on and the temperature started rising again. Been looking for a heater core replacement video on YouTube but have not found anything yet. How big of a job is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilamJR

Going to try to get a good look this morning and see if that could be the issue.

MilamJR

You sure it’s not the quick connect fittings at the heater core?

Refilled the coolant and cranked the motor. The top connection at the heater core was damp with coolant so I think you were right. If it turns out to just be the hose and not heater core that would be an answered prayer.

MilamJR

You sure it’s not the quick connect fittings at the heater core?

You were correct.
ca5d443b2dd36d29700043942d1b83db.jpg

MilamJR

994ea51d6069fb450e968340c9bb1aa4.jpg

For anyone doing this in the future you will need this tool. Pick the next to largest one and put it on the heater core then pull toward you so it slides up into the fitting and releases the clips. Then you should be able to grab the fitting and pull it toward you while twisting and it should come off. Place the new one on the heater core then push the hose on and put the clap in place. Top off your coolant and you are done.