• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

My first Garden Railroad

Neo

Badfish
we had time to get this going before Christmas, it's raining today and 52* we're loving it up here.

[video=youtube_share;hcYdiPBjpUo]https://youtu.be/hcYdiPBjpUo[/video]

MilamJR

I had seen that on your YouTube channel. Very nice. I can’t show it to my 14 year old son or he will have me out in the backyard tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPaul

That's awesome! I need to get mine setup eventually as well, now that I'm on a couple acres I finally have room to do something with it other than putting it around the Christmas tree.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

MilamJR

Our club is currently displaying a N scale, HO scale, O scale and switching layout at the local children’s museum over the holidays.
1922331bb0e97f78d361bf96012d61be.jpg

scoreh3

I use to know an old guy that had a huge garden railroad set up on his property. His set up went around his house and took up his whole front yard. His front gate was a railroad crossing gate. Garden railroad clubs used to do tours of his house. It’s a very cool hobby.

MilamJR

Neo, look up Locust Grove & Western model railroad on YouTube if you want to see our large HO gauge layout.

MilamJR

between my 2 attack cats and useless Jewel who only barks at everything, the riff raft pretty much stay away.

and i bring the trains in when i'm not running them ;)

They definitely are not giving that G scale stuff away. Anyone who would steal it probably wouldn’t have a clue what it was worth.

Neo

Badfish
They definitely are not giving that G scale stuff away. Anyone who would steal it probably wouldn’t have a clue what it was worth.

it's crazy how expensive N and HO scale have gotten, most of my G scale rolling stock is used stuff i got on ebay for about the same. the G track is a killer at close to 10 bucks a foot. closer to 7.50 but that surprised me, kind of like owning a hummer. everyone wants to gouge you...

MilamJR

My son and I have learned so much from these guys and he picked up about 20 grandfathers.

MilamJR

it's crazy how expensive N and HO scale have gotten, most of my G scale rolling stock is used stuff i got on ebay for about the same. the G track is a killer at close to 10 bucks a foot. closer to 7.50 but that surprised me, kind of like owning a hummer. everyone wants to gouge you...

We definitely didn’t pick cheap hobbies.

MilamJR

They are running well. Looks great. How hard is it to keep the track clean? It is hard enough inside I would not even know what to multiply that by outside.

Neo

Badfish
the track has been out for close to a month now and no issues. just clear off any leaves or twigs and they run great on the brass track. the rain and wind seems to keep dust build up down compared to my indoor layouts and g scale is pretty rugged i think their weight helps too making contact. we'll see how it does over time.