Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects

Street Tire
    Thanks

Winter Projects

It's been a little bit quiet around here lately. I'm sure we're all busy before the holidays.

Who has winter plans for H3 upgrades and improvements?

I have a snorkel I want to install this winter. Probably send the PCM off to be tuned for my exhaust/intake, and tires. I have a 1.25" body lift I may try to get on before spring as well. I also want install some molle panels on my setbacks for modular storage. I saw some nice examples of them screwed into the seatback plastic all the way up, replacing the nets, and it looks like a good idea.
    Last edited by Alpha X; 12-10-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    '10 H3T

Low Profile
    Thanks
    I picked up a Cummins R2.8 but am going to unload and put an LSA and a 6l80 into my T. Iím giving myself a year for the project. Also trying to design long travel. We will see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fanugy
    08 H3 Alpha
    08 Ram 2500
    07 Dodge Durango
    A longer wishlist...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanugy For This Useful Post:

Bowser-II (12-11-2019), jphh20 (12-10-2019)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Iíve been searching for a adventure solid rear axle in Arizona so I donít have to deal with installing a locker in my pre-existing axle, but may grab an e-locker and have it installed correctly.

Next up is to install my fresh set of Tomp leaf mounts. But Iím going to swap out the leaf springs while Iím there, so thatíll be in a little while.

And finally, my lower control arm bushings need to be replaced. They are disgusting

Bogger
    Thanks
    Just trying to get it back on the road. Front diff is finally back in and the steering gear and pump all replaced, but still no front axles or driveshaft in yet. Just haven't had time between the new property and work.

Lots of other projects I'd like to finish and do as well, like finally finishing the rear power system. Maybe during the Christmas break I can get it back on the road, but then again I have a pretty long list of things to work on around the house as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2008 H3 Alpha

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - General John Stark

N1JPA

Low Profile
    Thanks
    A bunch of Rancho lifts were on the market a short time ago. I seriously debated it... one thing led to another and now I’m putting in a straight axle.

í09 H3 Alpha / Adventure / Lux

"Like Nothing Else"
    Thanks
    Lots of various maintenance items. Oil change, diff fluid changes, PCM tune. Rear frame leaf spring bushings need to be replaced. Skid plate mounted. Figure out why my blower motor it ticking.

Random stuff like that. Then when the spring arrives, fixing the rivnuts in the roof channel and mounting the GOBI.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv||SAS/SOA
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Straight Axle project sounds fun. Is it 100% fab up, or are you adapting another suspension?

Wish I could say I had something on the to-do list, but I don't (at least "planned"). I recently finished up on the last of the deferred-maintenance items from when I bought it (was a looong list) so take a breather for a while. Planning to build a new work area ...maybe pick at a couple stalled restorations. Kids stuff too.
    Jeepwalker

'07 H3 Advent/Lux
    Jeep XJ, ZJ, WJ
    Ram & GMC 4x4's
    Toyota Hilux

Low Profile
    Thanks
    100% fab D44, 4.88 gears with an Eaton E-locker, FJ60 steering box. Very similar to how cgalphas is done. https://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...p-Step-by-step

í09 H3 Alpha / Adventure / Lux

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Korby7 For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (12-11-2019)

El Diablo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,377 Times in 1,693 Posts
    Probably going to give it a wash soon. My H3 is finished from a build perspective; now it's just repair and maintenance.

Low Profile
    Thanks
    WINTER PROJECTS???-What the HELL is that?=I live in Florida...No Winters in Florida

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepwalker View Post
    I recently finished up on the last of the deferred-maintenance items from when I bought it (was a looong list) so take a breather for a while.
    Similar situation here on the deferred maintenance, finally did transmission, transfer case, and differentials last weekend. Might flush the brake fluid and power steering fluid but other than that done with necessities.

I do have a few parts to install (ebay purchases when I knew my wife wasn't watching the paypal account). Lower grill OEM light kit, OEM Chrome gas door, replacement dash AC outlet for broken one. And hopefully someone that got my Christmas list will provide me with a few other projects.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ski.dive View Post
    WINTER PROJECTS???-What the HELL is that?=I live in Florida...No Winters in Florida
    I'm envious of you guys in the warmer areas. I park everything but my daily driver for about 5 months in the winter.... H3T, Harley, dirt bike, mountainbike, roller skates, grass seed spreader ....
    '10 H3T

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha X For This Useful Post:

fanugy (12-11-2019)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Working ďroller skatesĒ into that one deserves recognition and praise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fanugy
    08 H3 Alpha
    08 Ram 2500
    07 Dodge Durango
    A longer wishlist...

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha X View Post
    I'm envious of you guys in the warmer areas. I park everything but my daily driver for about 5 months in the winter.... H3T, Harley, dirt bike, mountainbike, roller skates, grass seed spreader ....
    I love living in Florida- 82 degrees todayNo need to hibernate in Florida

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Just some small projects this winter, change the door speakers out for something that's not probably rotting apart after 14 years. Change the door panels to the updated style because I will never get used to the 06 panels it seems. Still up in the air about swapping out the oem chrome mirrors and handles for black. Probably some new 33's and wheels, these ones are showing their age. Idly debating about another SUT next summer.

Waiting on the tranny to let go but it will probably be one of those perverse ones that make you think they will die any second and is just going to be noisy and last 300k.

The mod funds are sparse until the remodel is over in the spring. Fortunately it's the last time I am ever gutting and remodeling a house. I've officially hit the age where I'd rather pay someone while I go fish.
    06 H3 Adv - Great, another project.
    09 H3T Alpha/Adv- Sold