• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Magnetic Pinstripes Protection

MilamJR

I spoke to the people at MEK Magnet to see if they offered their products for a Hummer. They said no but if there was enough interest they would do it. “We’d need like 30 folks committed to buying them. I’d guess price point based on coverage would be somewhere in the $648 range. With more production volume we could better that but we’d need to make at least 100 sets to see a discount. If you have buyers definitely send them over! :)” Pretty nice product to protect against pinstripes. I was checking for my H2. Is there any interest?

Sent from my iPhone
Monika at MEK Magnet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acer4LO

I would be extremely interested! I have an H3 though, so we would need to get enough orders for that as well. So how would be go about doing this? There is a difference between people saying they are interested and actually putting up the money for set. Should there be some type of list or could MEK make a pre-order page for us where we could buy in? If we could come up with a good way to actually confirm the orders, this could definitely work. Also what about colors and designs? I checked out their website and it looks like they have a bunch of different styles to choose from? That could add to the cost or we all could just to a flat black color. I would be willing to make a video on my YouTube channel channel talking about it to spread the word if we can iron out the details.

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had them a long time ago. More trouble than they are worth and if any dirt/sand gets behind them it scratches the paint anyway. I through mine away.

MilamJR

I would be extremely interested! I have an H3 though, so we would need to get enough orders for that as well. So how would be go about doing this? There is a difference between people saying they are interested and actually putting up the money for set. Should there be some type of list or could MEK make a pre-order page for us where we could buy in? If we could come up with a good way to actually confirm the orders, this could definitely work. Also what about colors and designs? I checked out their website and it looks like they have a bunch of different styles to choose from? That could add to the cost or we all could just to a flat black color. I would be willing to make a video on my YouTube channel channel talking about it to spread the word if we can iron out the details.

I asked them if people are interested should they come straight to them?

“Definitely! On our website there is a section to add your vehicle info so we can keep track of all of the votes for particular models. That would be the best way to track it.”

MilamJR

I had them a long time ago. More trouble than they are worth and if any dirt/sand gets behind them it scratches the paint anyway. I through mine away.

Thanks for the information. East of the Mississippi there are more trees along the trail so pinstripes are much worse so I was looking for a solution. I would be willing to trade could get a scratch if something gets under the magnets for definitely will get scratched all over. What makes them more trouble than they are worth?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you don't store them flat the edges quit holding and they peel or blow off easily, they blew off at even moderate speeds sometimes and I had brush pull them off of the truck. Maybe they have gotten better but they were a waste of time and money for me. Even taping the edges only helped some.