• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

OHHH the feelin' you get?

Jeepwalker

I don't know about you guys but every time I get in and drive the H3 I just think it's just amazingly neat. The ergonomics, looking over the hood, the windshield and tilted-up wheel, big tires, the whole bit. I have owned and driven bunches of vehicles and classic cars over the yrs but haven't really had that "Ok, this is freekin' cool" feeling for a while ...maybe since first driving an early 80's lifted Toyota 4x4 p-u. But the H3 trumps that. Kind of that military-eque "Kruzin' to Kandahar" feeling as I've heard it said.

Just curious if anybody else felt that way? What other vehicles have you had that made you feel the same 'inspired' way?

Last edited:

Korby7

Well put. I absolutely agree. I’d still be driving mine if I had all the money in the world.

Last edited:

SlcHummer

I was talking to Korby7 about this the other day when I saw him. I picked up a used F150 ecoboost truck a few months back that is fun to drive and a completely different rig than the H3, however I often still find myself taking out the H3 because I love it. I guess I'm just a sucker for the 3.5l engines.

EndeavoredH3

Yup, that about beats out any other feelings anyone has here. If I owned one there would need to be a fund for tires.

Ive always enjoyed the h3, drives like nothing i've ever driven. I say this now, but I dont think I could ever sell it.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

That's tough to beat. I was thinking last night how 'cool' it was to drive 1977-78 Trans Ams. Not as much the car, but looking down the hood as ya drive and seeing the shaker hood bobble made the driving experience a whole different matter. But not as neat overall from a "this-is-freekin-cool!!" effect as I get (or the wife) with the H3 (IMO).

I used to work with a guy in the 80's when I was a young buck buying/restoring 50s-70's Corvettes, Belaire's, 442's and other classic and muscle cars. Still not as visceral as the H3. I imagine a real military Humvee might even top an H3 but no experience there...

Last edited:

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
I had a standard C5 Vette (won't say stock:giggle:), but did have the opportunity to drive around in the ZR1 before it was released to the public. (NEO might remember the photos.) Still amazed I didn't receive any tickets.

But my H3s were fun to drive OFF ROAD or around Moab or other cities. However, pulling my trailer to campgrounds (other than local around Moab) was just to trying for that little 3.7L in the mountains and then moving to Idaho, it was not needed up here. My pickups can do all the trails I need to get to campgrounds. Besides, not sure if both my dogs could fit in the back seat.

650Hawk

Yup, I smile every time I get into my H3. You know what I really like? Glancing in the rear view mirrors (either side) and seeing the large fenders sticking out! Just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!