• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Chrome tow hooks?

adventuredad

I bought my H3 back in January and slowly working on things, with winter coming up and recoveries being a necessity I was hoping somebody would recognize these tow hooks so I could get some more info. A PO has obviously changed out the stock hooks for chrome, were these an OEM option? I've seen the replacement rings in chrome to fit the stock mount but these have a different mount as well. They are pretty lightweight so I'm wondering if they are aluminum. Anyone have insight into these and whether they are worth a **** or if I need to hurry up and replace?
IMG_1523.jpeg

DFW Spartan

At one point Defenderworx made some billet aluminum tow hooks. Not sure if these are the same
a69c426b33823ad81dd234b7b53426cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Alpha X

I've seen those fancy tow hooks and noticed that appear to be more for show. Look at the diameter of the bolt that attaches the factory ring on the mount, then look at the diameter of the bolt holding those fancy rings on. I don't think it could handle much before breaking. You'd probably have a nice chrome boomerang flying towards whoever is helping you.

Last edited:

Traxx

Had the same problem when I bought mine. Picked up a full oem set with mounting hardware off ebay for 70 bucks, sell the chrome ones when your done, there is always someone wanting more chrome, and your out pretty much nothing other than time.

adventuredad

Yeah, I've been sifting though them on EBAY but the best I can find is $50 a piece with hook and mount. Are front and rears identical? They look like they should be.

adventuredad

Yes they are the same. Just takes a little patience sometimes, or contact some of the junkers on there and inquire as they often don't think to pull and list odd things like that.

89.99 obo, I've used these guys many times for parts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/06-10-H3-S...51a9775:g:~UkAAOSwXOldvc7u&LH_ItemCondition=4
Thank you Traxx, I haven't used Ebay much lately so wasn't seeing anything like the set. I did message one seller that had a couple listed but your link was very much appreciated, already ordered! Now just need to get the other ones polished up and ready to sell! BTW where are you in the PNW?

Last edited:

adventuredad

Well the new tow hooks are installed and ready to do some work! In perfect time too as we're starting to see some snow and we're headed to the mountains sunday to get a xmas tree.