Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
    Low Profile
    Thanks

Starr HID kit ballast

Does anyone have a ballast laying around they be willing to part with? One of mine has failed and though its under warranty the backorder date currently sits at 6 months. If anyone ever upgraded their ballast Id' be interested to know with what.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Need to know what type of bulb connector the ones in that kit use. AMP or D2S? Probably AMP. I'd also suggest replacing HID ballasts in pairs. Lightwerks and Theretrofitsource are both excellent sources.

#https://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php...-ballasts.html

If I remember right the last time I saw something about the Starr kits was they used a 55w ballast with AMP connectors.

To be sure I'd suggest take a photo of a ballast (label, and connectors) you have and get in touch with Cesar at Lightwerks and he will take good care of you.

The OEM ballasts (Denso, Osram, etc are top notch but complicated and expensive). For aftermarket ones the Hylux are top notch - the newer Morimoto 2.0 ones are now also based on Hylux as well. Top notch ballasts make a huge difference in the light output on HID lights. Generic Chinese stuff (including fake Hylux often found on eBay) are garbage. Lightwerks and TheRetrofitSource are both excellent companies to deal with.

All Terrain
    Thanks
    I remember seeing HR had the Starr upgraded 55w ballast kit on clearance a short while ago.
    06 H3 Adv - Great, another project.
    09 H3T Alpha/Adv- Sold

Low Profile
    Thanks
    HR told me it shold only be two weeks out now. Lesson learned that I should have spares on hand. These are the 55w D1 oem style kits.
    Name:  IMG_1151.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  2.50 MBName:  IMG_1152.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  2.63 MB

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I have two used ones laying around int he garage, still work. I went to Retorfitsource.com and upgraded to 55 Watt ballasts and different bulbs. Sorry, Mine are 35 Watt. I replaced with 55 hen my mechanic ruined the cable from the ballast to the bulb...can't find them anywhere.
    Last edited by CARdiac; 11-08-2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: my error

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Thanks for looking! Even if it didnt work out I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by CARdiac View Post
    I have two used ones laying around int he garage, still work. I went to Retorfitsource.com and upgraded to 55 Watt ballasts and different bulbs. Sorry, Mine are 35 Watt. I replaced with 55 hen my mechanic ruined the cable from the ballast to the bulb...can't find them anywhere.

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MixManSC View Post
    Need to know what type of bulb connector the ones in that kit use. AMP or D2S? Probably AMP. I'd also suggest replacing HID ballasts in pairs. Lightwerks and Theretrofitsource are both excellent sources.

#https://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php...-ballasts.html

If I remember right the last time I saw something about the Starr kits was they used a 55w ballast with AMP connectors.

To be sure I'd suggest take a photo of a ballast (label, and connectors) you have and get in touch with Cesar at Lightwerks and he will take good care of you.

The OEM ballasts (Denso, Osram, etc are top notch but complicated and expensive). For aftermarket ones the Hylux are top notch - the newer Morimoto 2.0 ones are now also based on Hylux as well. Top notch ballasts make a huge difference in the light output on HID lights. Generic Chinese stuff (including fake Hylux often found on eBay) are garbage. Lightwerks and TheRetrofitSource are both excellent companies to deal with.
    No luck with Lightwerkz either