• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

WTB WTB- external winch mount

MilamJR

98d7b950afdaba129f6aedbdd2c5b1e1.jpg

Warn makes this receiver hitch mount winch cradle. Positives are that the winch stays out of the weather unless in use so synthetic line last longer, can be used on front or back of vehicle. Negatives are that it hurts your approach angles, can’t open the hood when the winch is installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
For an H3, you'd have to add an aftermarket front receiver since the H3 doesn't come with one like the H2. You'd still be able to open an H3 hood with this.

chinsH3

When I bought my H3, it had a custom made external cradle that mounted behind the towhooks. I can send pics tmw if you are interested. Its all 3/8" or 1/2" steel from memory. Heavy as hell. It held a Warn8000.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Winch plate attaches to the D-ring mounts but heavy duty reinforcment plates should be welded to prevent damage to the mounting locations.
This is the mount....

C7B8H8q.jpg

I increased the brightness to better show the plate
1nS6zpv.jpg

A plate welded to the frame for better support
ILwLS2L.jpg

6PPg2tm.jpg

Not sure if they are still available. The person who made it was actually a photographer; CP Photo out of Brighton MI

It is a very heavy plate.....

MixManSC

For the H2 Warn also made a full replacement front bumper with integrated winch that was nice but next to impossible to find one anymore.

mjferencak

Winch plate attaches to the D-ring mounts but heavy duty reinforcment plates should be welded to prevent damage to the mounting locations.
This is the mount....

C7B8H8q.jpg

I increased the brightness to better show the plate
1nS6zpv.jpg

A plate welded to the frame for better support
ILwLS2L.jpg

6PPg2tm.jpg

Not sure if they are still available. The person who made it was actually a photographer; CP Photo out of Brighton MI

It is a very heavy plate.....

Where did you get the winch mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
That was years ago. It was produced by a guy in MI who was a photographer and owned a Hummer. His name was Chris Burkhalter and owned a professional photo company called CB photo. You could try a google search; however, since i ditched the H3 five years ago, lost contact with most people in the Hummer world (other than friends on this site and those who I worked with in GM engineering on the Hummer project). It was one heavy duty plate. Sold it to someone on this site (maybe Alrock...been five years....).