• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Ok, is anyone else licking their chops to buy a military auction HUMVEE??

Jeepwalker

Pretty much like the header says. ... Who'd LOVE to get one if they could?

What's stopping you?

hqdefault.jpg

Attachments

• edc602fa186fe3b0618c33045f58678e.jpg
    edc602fa186fe3b0618c33045f58678e.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 248
  • finished-milspec-h1-launch-27-1.jpg
    finished-milspec-h1-launch-27-1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 190

Lauren

Yessss... thought about it many times.. but shipping it over here and then having to fix all the small things it may be missing, finding the parts etc.. I've done the maths a few times and it's just slightly out of my price range... but hopefully one day!! :)

RamRod

I would like to as well, but I just have so many things on the go draining my time and money (like a total house renovation) that it will just have to wait..... one day!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Jeepwalker

I have one. 1025 armament carrier. Slantback, armored gunner's shield, bulkhead, etc. Pretty cool.

WOW! Can you please tell more? Did you buy it military auction? What condition was it when you got it? How is it to drive around, not necessarily as a DD, but just in general? Overall likes, dislikes? (Pics?)

Thanks

Jeepwalker

Go to Iron Planet they auction them all of the time.

That site makes me drool!!

So can you guys give me your H1 to H3 driving comparisons? The good bad & ugly between the two. Yeah I've watched a lot of videos, but nobody's comparing to a H3 or even something more crude like an 80's (or 1970's) 3/4T truck. Obviously they're vastly different animals..

Thanks

Traxx

H3 to a surplus Humvee comparison???:giggle:

I'd take an H1 any day but a surplus Humvee is good for wheeling and beating on and that's about it.

Noisy
Slow
Cost to maintain
overall pain in the rear to work on

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bought it from a guy in Florida. In service it belonged to an intelligence unit. Very nice condition. 6.2 3 speed so it is a slug but very cool. Have a dummy machine gun mounted up top, antennas, etc. Gets lots of attention wherever it goes.