• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Head unit suggestion

loicnetter1

For 2006 h3 . i think its the lux model. Oem is regular radio with cd , it seems to have the moondson sub in the back (if that make any difference) i would like to get a radio with a screen as i would like to also add a rear view camera.

So, what is ok and won't break the bank ?

Im not cranking up the radio like crazy, just smooth listening [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

loicnetter1

Here is what is in now
63046b1f3d7a195079436d7836c89013.jpg
32a0d41eb33c1d7dbd616aaa97659fee.jpg

rascole

Plenty of inexpensive options out there. I drilled a hole in the center of my bumper right above the hitch to mount the camera.

Gadsden

For 2006 h3 . i think its the lux model. Oem is regular radio with cd , it seems to have the moondson sub in the back (if that make any difference) i would like to get a radio with a screen as i would like to also add a rear view camera.

So, what is ok and won't break the bank ?

Im not cranking up the radio like crazy, just smooth listening [emoji6]

I work in digital marketing. One of my customers is a local car stereo place. I had them install a Pioneer AVH2550-NEX for me. It has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto built in. I have a good relationship with these guys, I could easily get you a deal. You'll also need a dash kit. Shoot me a message if interested. They also have Alpine units, and units that aren't CarPlay and Android Auto..So really anything for any budget.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
When I had my H3 I mounted the rearview camera to the top of the hitch. These photos are from my 2006 H3, taken in 2005.... Used an industrial zip tie primarily used for large air ducts. Did the same on my 2008 and it was still on there when I sold it in 2014. Nothing ever knocked it off...

HNLbctL.jpg

D7VDp4W.jpg

Q0Ml4AM.jpg