• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Outfitter Design Advice

mjferencak

The thud noise might be a loose crossmember bolt or engine mount or even your drive shaft u-joints. Also check the bolts to your front differential. The shredded belt is do to a bad bearing in one or more of your pulleys causing your belt to rub the outer edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SlcHummer

BUT now that I've done the lift, when the gears shift (It's an automatic btw! We don't have manual H3's here :( ..) I get like a thud noise. not so much while shes driving but more when I shift between P R N D.. and sometimes when I turn the car on she will do it pretty loudly..
I've been told its normal because I've lifted it but I guess I just wanted some reassurance that it is alright and my transmission isn't going to fall off :giggle::sigh:

This is not normal. First off, your original post talked about getting the Outfitter Design Bushings, is this because your bushings are worn and need to be replaced? If so then my guess is your front differential is moving, which should be fixed with the OD Bushings.

Lauren

Ah I see! The OD Diff Bushings and Steering Rack will be ordered today! But I will try to check the U Joints and other bolts as well just in case.
When I replaced my shocks, the guy said that my engine mount is weak and will need replacing at some point so maybe that day has come! :(

At least it's not the transmission! ... fingers crossed anyway! :)

Thank you guys!