• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Turn signal is silent in truck

Rodzlla

I am stoked to have my truck back on the road. I feel silly worrying about this new topic after not having the truck running for months...

This weekend I noticed that the turn signals are totally silent inside the truck now. They blink and function properly but no sound until the singing and message in the DIC appears. Some would be happy with this silence, but iis kinda creepy being silent.

I realize this is a BCM issue. It's there any steps I should try to get it working again?

Thanks in advance.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Maybe there is a chafed wire that goes to the turn signal cluster ir between it and the BCM?

Do you have an after market stereo with an adapter harness that could be causing an issue?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rodzlla

Are you thinking that some wire is shorting out? Would that still allow the turn signal to function?

No aftermarket stereo...

Maybe there is a chafed wire that goes to the turn signal cluster ir between it and the BCM?

Do you have an after market stereo with an adapter harness that could be causing an issue?

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Are you thinking that some wire is shorting out? Would that still allow the turn signal to function?

No aftermarket stereo...
It could. Im honestly not sure, just tossing ideas out there. I've had thr BCM replaced before, it's not cheap lol