• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tiger's Build

RWildRide

This is more so what has already been done. There is a lot more in the works but nothing too crazy like an engine swap or major custom fabrication. I will document everything I can and answer any questions the best I can. Hope everyone enjoys!

Tigey.jpg

humvee

Crouching tiger hidden winch mount.
At first glance I thought you had a lowering kit on there. What size tires are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RWildRide

Crouching tiger hidden winch mount.
At first glance I thought you had a lowering kit on there. What size tires are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The winch is in. Waiting to order a matching orange one for it then the fairlead and flip up plate bracket can go in. The front has been lowered back to stock height as we could not get the caster within spec. It needs new torsion bars, upper control arms and probably new adjusters. Next spring will probably be all new bushings, body mounts and engine mounts as well. Tires are 315's The plan is to crank it up in a few weeks and see how close we can get it to caster with each bit of lift. Just has to make it through this winter and I will tackle it.

RWildRide

So these are a few of the prints for the LED headlight mod. While we did finally create a setup that worked and provided adequate cooling we were stuck on a key issue. If the unit burnt out the whole housing has to come out and be rebuilt instead of just changing out a bulb. Sooo I tossed in some cheap LED bulbs instead and the rigid fog lights perform so well the headlights don't make a difference. I may re-visit it when I have more time but I will take some pictures this weekend of what we ended up with. It involved cutting out the entire back of the headlight assembly so the led pod could be cooled and sealed with RTV and a silica pack so no moisture would build behind the opened lens. I honestly didn't have the time or motivation to continue and do the other side.

LEDrings.jpg

JPaul

I'm with you. For the amount of work involved in modifying the headlamps and getting them all setup correctly, you might as well just buy some auxiliary lights and rely more on those instead. The led bulbs Hunner (I think) led several of us on to are working pretty well for me, but I want to get a set each of the KC Hilites G2 fog and driving lamps to get some proper light for road travel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

atvspeed4

Caster not being able to get into spec on the h3 we have found to be three different potential things

#1 rear lower control arm bushings shot
#2 alignment cam bolts in upper control arm are frozen or the alignment pins are broken
#3 the upper control arm mounts which are crap sheet metal are bent. (What we are dealing with right now on one of our trucks)

RWildRide

Caster not being able to get into spec on the h3 we have found to be three different potential things

#1 rear lower control arm bushings shot
#2 alignment cam bolts in upper control arm are frozen or the alignment pins are broken
#3 the upper control arm mounts which are crap sheet metal are bent. (What we are dealing with right now on one of our trucks)

Awesome... Thank you for that info it just went up on the whiteboard. Knowing my luck it's all 3!

RWildRide

A little OCD cleaning goes a long way. Went through a box of 1500 qtips in one day cleaning out every crevice. Its still getting detailed in my free time but here is a sneak peak. I clear coated the painted insides after prep to help smooth it out and get dirt off a bit easier. It has been working so far.

Enginebeforer.jpg
engineafter.jpg

RWildRide

I like your fog light set up, how did you go about on mounting them?
View attachment 25277

I took some 1" x 1/8" aluminum flat stock and bent it into an "L" shape. There is some metal reinforcement plates right below the fog light cutouts so I drilled a hole in each. It allows me to push them forward or back in and out of the cutout for height adjustment and pitch. I will take some pics tonight for you.