• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Under Hood Question..

H3ALPHA

So my newly installed, by a pro, SiriusXM tuner died after 3 months of use. They are dispatching another one, but contacted the installer & he told me to disconnect the battery. So did that. As I waited the requisite 3 minutes, I began to look under the hood, the engine compartment, etc.

Untitled-2.jpg

1- the top photo is under the hood. It appears the insulator pad is missing? Please tell me I am wrong.

2- The second row of pictures are the left & right of the engine area. On the LH photo you can see a rubber piece (no idea what it is called, looked it up, but can't find it), but it is missing on the RH photo. Is that correct? I don't believe so.

3- In the 3rd row, you can see the thin rubber that has come lose, dried out, etc. It seems to run down to the fender bump outs, any idea how best to fix that.

Also, not pictured is the louver, it appears as thought the rubber that went around it is gone. Any way to replace just the rubber (any idea of the part number)?

Thanks!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The H3 hood does not come standard with any insulation on the hood. I believe it was available as an option and maybe part of a cold weather package?

You are missing a rubber piece on the right photo. Funny thing is that the piece was larger on 06 and early 07 models. That part is called the Outer Seal, 25786729.

The fender rubber is called a Flare Seal Strip, 15814597.

Don't recall a rubber piece around the hood louver. BTW, these parts were found on parts.com.

deserth3

The underhood blanket was available as an accessory. It wasn't available long. My H3 was the only H3 I ever saw that had one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

amrg

I would skip getting the underhood insulator pad as it wld let the engine bay get even hottor than it is. As for the LH and RH pads, i think those are their to stop the hood from slamming into the fenders when you close it. Finally for that strip, as the plastic fender clips wear out, they create a small gap and the insulator strip that sits between the metal and plastic fenders start to fall out. All plastic mouldings on the H3 have those (check rear fender against the body for example)