• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 power locks

MilamJR

The power locks on my 2004 H2 have started acting up lately. First you would push the unlock button from the driver seat and everything would unlock except the driver side back door intermittently. Today I pushed the button and non of the other doors would unlock. I turned the motor off and then cranked it again. After recranking and pushing the button all the doors unlocked. I pushed the button again and they locked. Tried this cycle a couple of more times and they locked and unlocked slower each time until on about the 3rd or 4th cycle they would not unlock. It was sitting outside in 90+ degrees heat. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilamJR

Remote unlock has not worked in years. Bought a new fob about 6 months ago but it will not program.

MilamJR

I will try it next time this happens and report back. Everything is working fine today.

MilamJR

Does the passenger door also have door lock controls and have you tried those?

Well it did it again last night. All the doors unlocked but the passenger side door. My wife pushed the button on the passenger side but nothing happened. She said that she tried to manually move the thing that slides side to side when it locks and unlocks but said it would not move. I unlocked the door with the key to let her out.

MilamJR

Sometimes it is the drivers side rear door that doesn’t unlock.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I think I'd still be looking at actuators. Not that hard to take a door panel off and you should be able to inspect the mechanism and test movement while the panel is off. Get a set of nylon/plastic trim tools from Harbor Freight if you don't have some already.

Zach

Mall Crawler
More than likely it is the actuator. They will work then not work, then all of a sudden work. My drivers side door does it. OE actuator is expensive. Dorman makes a good quality replacement you can pick up on eBay for mid $40 range

Unreal

I have the same problem but whith the passenger side... Sometimes it unlocks normally other times it won't.

Where can we buy those door actuators?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

MilamJR

I have the same problem but whith the passenger side... Sometimes it unlocks normally other times it won't.

Where can we buy those door actuators?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

42f09bdb5111e33e1deb27eca331ac7b.jpg

Found this on eBay.