• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Our 2018 ZR2

jakesz28

Well after seeing Neo's ZR2 we decided to get rid of the Cadillac for something more our style. Or generally just more useful.

Bought a used 2018 with 30,000 miles on.

jakesz28

I added some of the AEV skid plates. Still need the gas tank skid plate. I also have the BDS 4" lift sitting in the garage.

08H3

Those are cool trucks. Looked at a Bison this weekend. Cool truck. Don't think I could justify the premium over a ZR2, but still a neat truck. download_20190822_113556.jpg

jakesz28

Those are cool trucks. Looked at a Bison this weekend. Cool truck. Don't think I could justify the premium over a ZR2, but still a neat truck.View attachment 25221

There were people buying Bisons for 42-44 k and getting the left over 2018 ZR2's new for around 35 a few months ago. So it might be worth looking for last years model.

Last edited:

jakesz28

One of these days I will get everything installed and update this build. I have the BDS 4" lift, a set of bead lock wheels, rock sliders, and 4.56 gears. So I have gotten carried away. I might have to bring this out to Moab next year instead of the H3.

jakesz28

Mounted up the new tires yesterday. 315/70R17's on some DirtyLife race wheels. These are a single beadlock wheel.

Last edited:

JPaul

The photos are blurred out and have the Photobucket watermark on them. I suggest imgur for picture hosting. Free and they're not dumb like Photobucket is.

jakesz28

Those tires look wide. Any rubbing issues?

the tires are basically 12.50 wide but the 17x9 wheel has a zero offset. So 4.5" back spacing. Most lifts with new knuckles require a deeper offset.

I had to trim the front fenders because they will rub. Might need some more cutting in the future.

jakesz28

The ZR2 is going to end up with more miles than the H3. a lot has changed since the first photos.

I upgraded to a hard shell RTT after last years 18 day Colorado trip. I have the Chassis Unlimited rock sliders, front and rear bumpers. Had a mail order tune that ended up being junk. Finally tuned it myself and really woke it up. No more dead peddle and I went from 12 mpg to a solid 15-16 when loaded with gear. Fixed GM's poor charging raising the minimum 12.5 up to 13.2. So now it keeps the battery charge when running the fridge.

Last edited:

jakesz28

Running the BDS 4" lift, dirtylife beadlock wheels, Nuthouse Industries bed rack, Tuffstuff RTT, 4.56 gears, chasdis unlimited bumpers and rock sliders, in the photos it had 35x12.50r17's. Just ordered 37x12.50r17's. This thing has been fun.