• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Woodward Dream Cruise 2019

08H3

Had a great weekend in Detroit participating in the Woodward Dream Cruise. It's probably not an event for everyone -- it's basically a 16 mile traffic jam-- but I think just about anyone with at least a passing interest in automobiles can find some enjoyment out of it. From what I heard on the news, there were about 40,000 cars, and 1.3 million spectators which makes it the single biggest automotive event on the planet. Had the opportunity to see the C8 in person. I was lukewarm on it, but after seeing it, I probably need to start saving my money. It's a sharp car. Saw two on display and 2 manufacturers cars on the street. Really cool event, and Detroit is a fantastic city. It's really too bad that it's still carrying around the unfair stereotypes from before it's rebirth.
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg1.jpg

Last edited:

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Before the dream cruise, we used to cruse that same stretch of Woodward back when I was in college (and a little when in HS). Sometimes wonder if Teds is still at the end, and is the totem pole still around. Can't remember how many times I got lucky on that stretch of highway.:giggle: Also cannot remember how many tickets I received.:gaah:

As for Detroit being a great city? It was, before COLEMAN Young, and agree it might be getting a bit better after its bankruptcy; but I would never set foot in that cesspool again. I am a bit prejudiced since I grew up in the city, went to Cooley High and look at what it ended up becoming.

As for the Vette, I like it, should have been mid-engine long before, but I'm practical. At 71, getting in and out would be a killer on the knees and back, and would be hard to fit my little dogs inside.:cheers:

52G5NXK.jpg

08H3

As for Detroit being a great city? It was, before COLEMAN Young, and agree it might be getting a bit better after its bankruptcy; but I would never set foot in that cesspool again. I am a bit prejudiced since I grew up in the city, went to Cooley High and look at what it ended up becoming.

Yeah, I should clarify that my impression of Detroit is as a visitor. Totally respect your opinion. You probably have more insight than anyone else here. For better or worse, most big cities are judged on their downtown, and that's where I've spent far and away the majority of my time there. I really do think it has a nice downtown area for large city. We did spend some time off of Woodward in the suburbs as well, and they all seemed nice too.

Last edited: