• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Upgraded Front Seat Cargo Net Clips Review

Acer4LO

Just thought I would post my review of these new cargo net seat clips for the H3. It has always annoyed me that the cargo nets in the H3 would fall out. You can't put anything in there which makes them useless. Made a video on them and also took some pictures. I think they work amazing! Also to clarify is not a sponsored post. Just sharing my thoughts. Let me guys know what you think!

[video=youtube;3601NVJuMHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3601NVJuMHQ[/video]

i-x9kxNGM-X3.jpg

i-4ttfKJ2-X3.jpg

i-GnPqDrp-X3.jpg

Jeepwalker

That's good info! Thanks.

Weak OEM clips probably explains why the nets were disgarded when I bought my H3.

650Hawk

Nice, but yowza! $40+????

On mine, the elastic bands are stretched out, so even with those better clips, they would be loose and rattle.

scoreh3

That’s a great idea ! I have a small roll of that I use to clean up under desk wiring. Thanks.

4Lo-Tank

Nice, but yowza! $40+????

On mine, the elastic bands are stretched out, so even with those better clips, they would be loose and rattle.
You have to remember the time it takes to make 3d plastic materials. Plus the expense of developing the files and cost of the printer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

650Hawk

You have to remember the time it takes to make 3d plastic materials. Plus the expense of developing the files and cost of the printer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Oh, I get it, but the actual cost once those files are developed is minor, and I'm going to assume that he isn't trying to recoup the cost of the printer with just these pieces :whaa:. Don't get me wrong, he can charge whatever the market will bear...just too rich for my blood.

I've twisted the elastic straps; it worked for awhile, but eventually they stretched more. I now inserted a piece of black closed cell foam on the backside under the strap; that's working for the time being.

Jeepwalker

Is there any one selling the netting, or a substitute? Mine didn't come with any netting either.

Thanks

artkrime

Hey guys, I am the one who makes those! I made these because I was tired of the nets constantly falling off. I've sold alot of sets and have had very positive feedback from several people.

As for the price, there is alot that goes into it. I looked at ABS injection molds and it was WAY too expensive to manufacture in the US and I would never make my money back unless I sold lots of them and at even higher prices than I am currently. The material I use is not your standard 3d printer filament, that stuff would melt in your hummer the first day you park it outside. I use Carbon Fiber strands reinforced Nylon which is great at heat resistance and offers excellent strength properties, as well as an even nicer finish. It is many times more expensive, normal PLA material is about $20 per 1kg roll, and 1kg of CF nylon is about $120. Besides the price, on 1 3d printer, printing a set (8) of these clips takes about 8 hours. After printing there is still some post processing cleanup that needs to be done by hand on each clip. Then there is the cost of the printer, maintaining the printer and the R&D that went into it.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Thanks for posting that. It’s tough making it in the hummer parts business.

Sure, there are other fixes that may be cheaper but complaining about the price is just something Hummer owners have to do.

When the rancho lift was available everyone and their brother bitched about how expensive it was. Now it’s discontinued, everyone bitches how you can’t buy one now. [emoji16]

650Hawk

Thanks for posting that. It’s tough making it in the hummer parts business.

Sure, there are other fixes that may be cheaper but complaining about the price is just something Hummer owners have to do.

When the rancho lift was available everyone and their brother bitched about how expensive it was. Now it’s discontinued, everyone bitches how you can’t buy one now. [emoji16]
True that! Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with artkrime's choice of price; just not enough of a priority (currently) for me to drop that much on my seat back nets. It definitely looks like a great product; it's nice to see people stepping up and doing this. I'd love to find some "reasonably priced" hood handles for my baby. Have a hard time justifying $150 "billet" handles for something that's ornamental/non-functional. Maybe if I was single...:)

Last edited:

SlcHummer

True that! Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with artkrime's choice of price; just not enough of a priority (currently) for me to drop that much on my seat back nets. It definitely looks like a great product; it's nice to see people stepping up and doing this. I'd love to find some "reasonably priced" hood handles for my baby. Have a hard time justifying $150 "billet" handles for something that's ornamental/non-functional. Maybe if I was single...:)

Don't mean to be rude but seems a bit ridiculous to gripe about custom parts for $40 that actually make the back seat nets functional but then comment on trying to find "reasonably priced" non-functional hood handles that you'd probably spend more $$$ on than for these clips. I'm all about everyone spending their own $$$ how they want, I only brought this up because you chimed in about the high cost for functional parts that no one else was offering a solution for.

That being said. I personally have not yet bought these clips but only cause my seat covers make them useless, otherwise i'd jump on these in a heartbeat for more useful storage.

650Hawk

Don't mean to be rude but seems a bit ridiculous to gripe about custom parts for $40 that actually make the back seat nets functional but then comment on trying to find "reasonably priced" non-functional hood handles that you'd probably spend more $$$ on than for these clips. I'm all about everyone spending their own $$$ how they want, I only brought this up because you chimed in about the high cost for functional parts that no one else was offering a solution for.

That being said. I personally have not yet bought these clips but only cause my seat covers make them useless, otherwise i'd jump on these in a heartbeat for more useful storage.
To each his own, I guess. Although you completely miss my point.

First, my seatback nets ARE functional, without the $40 clips; While the clips are nice, they do nothing to tighten stretched out straps (which is the problem that I and many others have). So after $40, my net frames would still be loose and rattle constantly (although they would admittedly NOT fall off). And I never "griped" about the price, simply stated that it was more than I was willing to pay considering the fact that they wouldn't fix "my" problem. The black closed cell foam on the backside under the strap DID fix MY problem, and guess what? They seldom if ever fall off now that those straps are tight (which is what I consider to be the real problem with the nets in the first place, not the clips), AND are still removable.

As for the hood handles; I do think it's a bit rude of you to suggest that I would spend more on them than these clips. I made it quite clear that $150 is not what I consider anywhere near reasonable for ornamental handles. I have no problem paying fair prices for good quality parts, and did in fact praise artkrime for stepping up and creating functional parts. On the other hand, optional/ornamental items are not necessary and therefore should be more heavily scrutinized; which is why my hood is still "sans-handles".

Trying to maintain 3 vehicles in addition to 3 PWC, 5 ATVs, 4 motorcycles, a Class A RV, 3 trailers and a house demands that any purchase be thoroughly weighed.

Last edited:

SlcHummer

My bad. I had one too many when I wrote this and to be honest I forgot I had until know. Apologies for being a bit rude.

If you do get some hood handles, maybe go with some legit humvee handles that you can mount a hi-lift on when you're not air dropping your rig :)