• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

Hvac blower issues wtf

Albrechtk

A month ago the blower in my 08' base model H3 stopped working. Since then, reading online forums, I have replaced pretty much everything having to do with the blower- including the blower itself. It still doesn't work. The only used part i bought was the climate control itself (due to cost) and I've purchased two of those. Not really wanting to pay a mechanic or a dealership to problem solve it. I live in Michigan, right now it's okay that the it doesn't work cause I can roll the windows down. Come fall and winter that isn't an option. Help please

rascole

Did you have the harness replaced under the recall? Have you tried the blower on a bench? Remove it and test it with 12V. If it runs it's more than likely the resistor harness gone bad.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I think rascole has a good point in now it's taking a multimeter and/or power sources to components to see what's working. I assume you've done a reset of the HVAC system, which normally happens anyway when you disconnect a battery but it can also be done manually.

When you do this, does the blower work?
•Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
•Turn the Temperature dial all the way to the right.
•Turn the blower control dial all the way to the right.
•Turn the mode position dial all the way to the left.
•Simultaneously press and hold the A/C and Defrost buttons until the LEDs start to flash
•Once the LEDs stop flashing, calibration is complete.

Albrechtk

Tried manual reset, didn't work. Last time I checked I had 12v in new harness at resistor and relay, didn't actually check at blower because it's brand new. That's when I replaced relay. Guess I'll have to pull the blower and check it. Replaced relay because the same wires were energized whether the old one was connected or not.

08H3

Had no idea there even was an HVAC calibration. When would you ever need to do it and what is actually calibrated? Just curious.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Had no idea there even was an HVAC calibration. When would you ever need to do it and what is actually calibrated? Just curious.
The most common times to do the calibration are if you replace the blend doors or the control unit. I've had to replace two blend doors. It moves the various blend doors open and closed as well as moving the blower motor through the various settings.

Lauren

The most common times to do the calibration are if you replace the blend doors or the control unit. I've had to replace two blend doors. It moves the various blend doors open and closed as well as moving the blower motor through the various settings.

I have this issue at the moment where my AC compressor is going a little crazy, probably needs replacing but most of the time when I push the button to make the air circulate within, it will just flash then never change, then it may randomly change after sometime when I've even forgotten that I pushed it!

So I thought this was to do with the Compressor going crazy but now that you mention it, I did remover the blower to clean it etc around 2 months ago.. is there a possibility that I could have interrupted the calibration so to speak?
Or is this completely separate? haha

Romeo

My HVAC went out last week, just received the resistor and wire harness. I need to find time to install it, thankfully the weather cooled down a bit where i am at and been great to drive with the windows and sunroof open.