• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2009 H2 Luxury Best Mods? (Advice Needed)

Unreal

Hi there,

I just bought a relatively prestien condition 2009 H2 90k mileage... Luxury trim but without airlift.
I gave it quick regular maintenance, new break pads, flushing oils, filters + fixing low oil pressure issue with a new oil pump and thermostat... That's about it.
Yeah and I removed the ugly afterthought running boards.

I want your advice on what are the must-to-have upgrades for my H2?
I always hear beefing the front suspension is a must, and I honestly don't have a clue on what parts to replace and what to leave...

I'm aiming to keep my H2 a good daily truck + giving it a boost in it's off-roading capabilities (mostly sand dunes)

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR,

Unreal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
d271455778bdc2f8c45981bf265fc65d.jpg
98a9d4235696e021110a694438b6c0fb.jpg

MilamJR

Congratulations on your purchase. In my opinion if you are going to take it off road the first thing you need to do is replace the tie rods. Take a look at Dmax and Kryptonite they are a significant upgrade from the oem version. I have the Dmax ones on mine. There are plenty of things you can do depending on where you plan to take your H2 but this is a pretty universal upgrade to lower the probability of getting stranded on the trail.

Also be glad you don’t have the air ride on the rear unless you want to spend $2,000 every few years replacing it. I did it once and then replaced it with springs the second time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"

guruerror

+1 on the Kryptonite tie rod ends.
+1 on the pitman/idler arm support

RE: the upper control arms. Speaking as someone whose had two sets of Cognitos, I seemed to always have trouble keeping my front wheels in proper alignment/adjustment; hence I encountered a lot of premature tire wear. On my current truck I went with the Kryptonite control arms and have had no such issues.

You might also want to look into a leveling kit. This will give you a bit more clearance in the front wheel wells so you can comfortably fit a 37" tire...if that's a future plan.

...and congratulations; I hope you enjoy your ride.