Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Posts
    9,152
    Thanks
    1,114
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    The pallet of 10 completed housings and shafts is staring at us daily! Unfortunately we have not had a chance to dig into the slight vibration issue. We have been scrambling to find new vendors to help us get inventory back in stock on all of our kits without the "covid" lead times or price gauging. Its been a non stop battle past few months calling, sending out RFQ, visiting shops etc.
    I might get my ass chewed for this one....first, I applaud you for the work on trying to make a strong diff option on the H3, it is not an easy feat. You claim to have 10 housings done that involve extensive machining, I doubt that is a cheap endeavor and while it is none of my personal business on how you run your company I cant imagine having 10 housings with lots of custom work done is good on cash flow....and to just ignore one small vibration issue from selling diffs to people who have been asking for updates since 2019 is crazy. I would think tracking down a vibration issue is a priority and hoping it isnt a design issue because that could make those 10 housings paperweights. I know other items are out of stock but I bet none of them are as big of a cash flow issue as these. 2 guys who were avoiding a SAS already went that route due long wait times. That is 2 less customers on a big purchase item...and the market is already small.

    If the diff ever comes out it will be cool as hell to have this option.
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

    "H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous


  2. #62
    Baja
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    I might get my ass chewed for this one....first, I applaud you for the work on trying to make a strong diff option on the H3, it is not an easy feat. You claim to have 10 housings done that involve extensive machining, I doubt that is a cheap endeavor and while it is none of my personal business on how you run your company I cant imagine having 10 housings with lots of custom work done is good on cash flow....and to just ignore one small vibration issue from selling diffs to people who have been asking for updates since 2019 is crazy. I would think tracking down a vibration issue is a priority and hoping it isnt a design issue because that could make those 10 housings paperweights. I know other items are out of stock but I bet none of them are as big of a cash flow issue as these. 2 guys who were avoiding a SAS already went that route due long wait times. That is 2 less customers on a big purchase item...and the market is already small.

    If the diff ever comes out it will be cool as hell to have this option.
    No ass chewing necessary. Not to go into the inner workings of the company but the volume of the smaller kits we sell has a much larger effect on cash flow than the 10 housings and shafts we have sitting in a crate do. Its a cool product we are excited to get moving on but they will be a small percentage of our overall company sales so we need to do what is best to keep everything else moving. The market is not as small as you may think. Sure it is not a jeep market but we are one of the only companies competing in it for a few niche vehicles. It sounds cheesy but we do not release any product until all the bugs are worked out and determining if the vibration is due to a variation in aftermarket CV length or due to the manufacture not following exact specifications is something we take seriously. Being in business ( designing, testing, carrying real product liability insurance) since 2011, we must be doing something right. I promise this will get done but we are spread thin. This is a smaller of several companies we run so at times we are spread thin, especially with the arrival of a new baby ugh lol
    Current:

    2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

    2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

    2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

    2008 White H3 Adventure

    2009 White H3 Alpha Cammed 6.0L and 35s

    I think we might have too many of these things now...

  3. #63
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Posts
    9,152
    Thanks
    1,114
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,198 Posts

    Hummer H3 HD Dana 50/ CV shaft upgrade

    I appreciate your post. I think I may be skeptical at times (and others) as we have seen many come and go making promises and then they disappear, with that said you do have other Hummer products so you are staying around.

    It definitely is a cool product and I do appreciate you making sure the product goes through the proper testing. I have bought parts that don’t go through that testing and it’s annoying when issues occur. I just thought the vibration would be a quick thing to discover and that you would push to find out so you can start selling product that’s just sitting around.


    Running a business is tough, especially being short handed and having supply delays.

    -Chris
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

    "H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous


  4. #64
    Bald Tire
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any updates?

  5. #65
    Baja
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtown View Post
    Any updates?
    We attended the Vermont Pilgrimage overland event this past weekend put about 10 hrs of road driving and tons of wheeling on it. Its tough we keep swapping parts to try to narrow the vibration down but come up empty handed. We have two test vehicles with them installed and vibration is in both but more pronounced in one. Starting to think it might be the extra rigid mounting, roller bearings for shafts instead of needle bearings, much larger rotating mass of the shafts and large CVs along with the full U-joint driveshaft that has no "give" in it like the stock CV drive shaft does.
    Current:

    2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

    2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

    2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

    2008 White H3 Adventure

    2009 White H3 Alpha Cammed 6.0L and 35s

    I think we might have too many of these things now...

  6. #66
    Street Tire
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 67 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    We attended the Vermont Pilgrimage overland event this past weekend put about 10 hrs of road driving and tons of wheeling on it. Its tough we keep swapping parts to try to narrow the vibration down but come up empty handed. We have two test vehicles with them installed and vibration is in both but more pronounced in one. Starting to think it might be the extra rigid mounting, roller bearings for shafts instead of needle bearings, much larger rotating mass of the shafts and large CVs along with the full U-joint driveshaft that has no "give" in it like the stock CV drive shaft does.
    Is this vibration something thats very pronounced? Or something faint?


    "Hit it with your purse!"

  7. #67
    Baja
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavoredH3 View Post
    Is this vibration something thats very pronounced? Or something faint?
    The one that is more pronounced feels like your tires aren't balanced but driveline related. There is nothing wrong with the setup we have swapped CVs, pulled cover to check diff and bearings, checked wheel bearings. We have put a ton of miles and wheeling on the new design and it has held up great just this last annoying issue.
    Current:

    2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

    2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

    2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

    2008 White H3 Adventure

    2009 White H3 Alpha Cammed 6.0L and 35s

    I think we might have too many of these things now...

  8. #68
    Bald Tire
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn…Hope y’all can get it fixed. Really wanting this on my rig.

  9. #69
    Bald Tire
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtown View Post
    Damn…Hope y’all can get it fixed. Really wanting this on my rig.
    A beefed up IFS? Potentially no more broken cvs or clunking to remind u to change the bushing? That would be amazing! Hope these guys figure it out!

  10. #70
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
    How is this going on atvspeed4? I really want that diff in my truck, did you figured out the vibration cause?

    I suppose you tried a stock driveshaft in it, to eliminate ujoint driveshaft from the ecuation, and needle bearings in the side bearings

    Could you too test the differential in a testing bench? That will be a easier way to be close to the differential when vibration occur, plus reducing the time to install and unistall from the truck, and a good opportunity to investigate the cause of the vibration...just want to launch ideas that I suppose you already tried but in case something aim you in another idea or whatever

    This is amazing, and I really want that diff in my truck, despite of that I will install soon a stock elocker in my stock diff to have a spare locking diff, but this differential that you are creating will be the definitive weapon the stock h3 need to be an actual baddass offroad machine...thank so much you and your team offering this!!

    P.D: Will be offered a electronic locker instead of an air locker?
    With the new differential in a lower position to reduce cv axle angles, the stock skid plate will be necessary to modify?

    Thanks,
    Guerrero
    Guerrero
    Desert Offroader


    2021 to date: 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha 5.3 v8 - In process
    Mods: AFE PRO Dry S filter - JET Performance Throttle Body - EFAN Conversion - JBA Shorty headers modified - Front catalytic converters gutted - Rear High flow Catalytic Converter - Iridium Spark Plugs - TruCool 40000 gvw tranny cooler - PCM of Nc tune - Toyo Tyres Open Country MT 305 70 R16 (33 inch). Aprox 340 hp. 0 to 60 mph : 7.7 seconds.

    2007 to 2021: 2006 Hummer H3 3.5 i5 Automatic - Gone
    Mods: Volant CAI - AEM Brute Force Air Filter - Ported Throttle Body + supersparkz - EFAN conversion - Orion Headers - Iridium Spark Plugs - Inline 180ºF Thermostat - TruCool 40000 gvw tranny cooler - PCM of Nc tune - Sonnax Tranny Boost Valve - BF Goodrich ko2 285 75 R16 (33 inch) - Fox 2.0 shocks - Outfitter design Front Diff and steering Kits - Crown Performance brake lines - Redline Heavy shockproof diffs fluid. Aprox. 260 hp. 0 to 60 mph : 9.3 Seconds

  11. #71
    Baja
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    How is this going on atvspeed4? I really want that diff in my truck, did you figured out the vibration cause?

    I suppose you tried a stock driveshaft in it, to eliminate ujoint driveshaft from the ecuation, and needle bearings in the side bearings

    Could you too test the differential in a testing bench? That will be a easier way to be close to the differential when vibration occur, plus reducing the time to install and unistall from the truck, and a good opportunity to investigate the cause of the vibration...just want to launch ideas that I suppose you already tried but in case something aim you in another idea or whatever

    This is amazing, and I really want that diff in my truck, despite of that I will install soon a stock elocker in my stock diff to have a spare locking diff, but this differential that you are creating will be the definitive weapon the stock h3 need to be an actual baddass offroad machine...thank so much you and your team offering this!!

    P.D: Will be offered a electronic locker instead of an air locker?
    With the new differential in a lower position to reduce cv axle angles, the stock skid plate will be necessary to modify?

    Thanks,
    Guerrero
    On our two test rigs we have narrowed it down two two different potential causes we are working through.

    #1 On one of the trucks it seems to be the inner tripod joint hitting the diff flange due to being compressed too far. While the CV shafts are from the same vehicle year make or model there is only one part number from NAPA that is the right length to work and any variation from this part number (even from NAPA for the same vehicle platform) is too long and bottoms out while turning.

    #2 Both our trucks are running our much firmer diff bushings but the dana 50 uses much more substantial diff brackets that are very rigid. That combined with the Ujoint only driveshaft seems to be transmitting vibration. When we take driveshaft out the vibration goes away in this truck. Going to get the shaft balanced again to verify thats not the issue.
    Current:

    2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

    2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

    2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

    2008 White H3 Adventure

    2009 White H3 Alpha Cammed 6.0L and 35s

    I think we might have too many of these things now...

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

    3Hummers (01-18-2022), Guerrero (01-18-2022), jphh20 (01-17-2022)

  13. #72
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    On our two test rigs we have narrowed it down two two different potential causes we are working through.

    #1 On one of the trucks it seems to be the inner tripod joint hitting the diff flange due to being compressed too far. While the CV shafts are from the same vehicle year make or model there is only one part number from NAPA that is the right length to work and any variation from this part number (even from NAPA for the same vehicle platform) is too long and bottoms out while turning.

    #2 Both our trucks are running our much firmer diff bushings but the dana 50 uses much more substantial diff brackets that are very rigid. That combined with the Ujoint only driveshaft seems to be transmitting vibration. When we take driveshaft out the vibration goes away in this truck. Going to get the shaft balanced again to verify thats not the issue.
    So it seems first case is just to choose the correct part number, yes?

    About the second case, what about installing a stock driveshaft and test? That way you will be sure if its the differential, or the ujoint only driveshaft. And then focusing in balancing the driveshaft? Just launch ideas

    Keep the nice work! Thanks!
    Guerrero
    Desert Offroader


    2021 to date: 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha 5.3 v8 - In process
    Mods: AFE PRO Dry S filter - JET Performance Throttle Body - EFAN Conversion - JBA Shorty headers modified - Front catalytic converters gutted - Rear High flow Catalytic Converter - Iridium Spark Plugs - TruCool 40000 gvw tranny cooler - PCM of Nc tune - Toyo Tyres Open Country MT 305 70 R16 (33 inch). Aprox 340 hp. 0 to 60 mph : 7.7 seconds.

    2007 to 2021: 2006 Hummer H3 3.5 i5 Automatic - Gone
    Mods: Volant CAI - AEM Brute Force Air Filter - Ported Throttle Body + supersparkz - EFAN conversion - Orion Headers - Iridium Spark Plugs - Inline 180ºF Thermostat - TruCool 40000 gvw tranny cooler - PCM of Nc tune - Sonnax Tranny Boost Valve - BF Goodrich ko2 285 75 R16 (33 inch) - Fox 2.0 shocks - Outfitter design Front Diff and steering Kits - Crown Performance brake lines - Redline Heavy shockproof diffs fluid. Aprox. 260 hp. 0 to 60 mph : 9.3 Seconds

  14. #73
    Baja
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    So it seems first case is just to choose the correct part number, yes?

    About the second case, what about installing a stock driveshaft and test? That way you will be sure if its the differential, or the ujoint only driveshaft. And then focusing in balancing the driveshaft? Just launch ideas

    Keep the nice work! Thanks!
    Just need to find a stock driveshaft and time but yes exactly thats the plan to see if the stock driveshaft will fit and also alleviate the vibration. We are wrapping up a motor swap on a 2009 but once that is done we will take time to do another round of troubleshooting the diffs.
    Current:

    2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

    2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

    2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

    2008 White H3 Adventure

    2009 White H3 Alpha Cammed 6.0L and 35s

    I think we might have too many of these things now...


 

Similar Threads

  1. Hummer H3 - Door Panel Swap/Upgrade How-to
    By Burtor in forum HUMMER H3 2006-2010; H3T 2009-2010
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2018, 12:53 AM
  2. WTB Hummer H3 rear slip yoke or drive shaft
    By jakesz28 in forum The Swap Meet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2017, 06:14 PM
  3. Hummer H3 PROP SHAFT
    By Oscar5 in forum HUMMER H3 2006-2010; H3T 2009-2010
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2016, 04:28 PM
  4. 4l60e Hummer h3 upgrade.
    By lsv_palana in forum HUMMER H3 2006-2010; H3T 2009-2010
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2016, 07:58 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 02:31 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Logout