Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    The pallet of 10 completed housings and shafts is staring at us daily! Unfortunately we have not had a chance to dig into the slight vibration issue. We have been scrambling to find new vendors to help us get inventory back in stock on all of our kits without the "covid" lead times or price gauging. Its been a non stop battle past few months calling, sending out RFQ, visiting shops etc.
    I might get my ass chewed for this one....first, I applaud you for the work on trying to make a strong diff option on the H3, it is not an easy feat. You claim to have 10 housings done that involve extensive machining, I doubt that is a cheap endeavor and while it is none of my personal business on how you run your company I cant imagine having 10 housings with lots of custom work done is good on cash flow....and to just ignore one small vibration issue from selling diffs to people who have been asking for updates since 2019 is crazy. I would think tracking down a vibration issue is a priority and hoping it isnt a design issue because that could make those 10 housings paperweights. I know other items are out of stock but I bet none of them are as big of a cash flow issue as these. 2 guys who were avoiding a SAS already went that route due long wait times. That is 2 less customers on a big purchase item...and the market is already small.

If the diff ever comes out it will be cool as hell to have this option.
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

Baja
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    I might get my ass chewed for this one....first, I applaud you for the work on trying to make a strong diff option on the H3, it is not an easy feat. You claim to have 10 housings done that involve extensive machining, I doubt that is a cheap endeavor and while it is none of my personal business on how you run your company I cant imagine having 10 housings with lots of custom work done is good on cash flow....and to just ignore one small vibration issue from selling diffs to people who have been asking for updates since 2019 is crazy. I would think tracking down a vibration issue is a priority and hoping it isnt a design issue because that could make those 10 housings paperweights. I know other items are out of stock but I bet none of them are as big of a cash flow issue as these. 2 guys who were avoiding a SAS already went that route due long wait times. That is 2 less customers on a big purchase item...and the market is already small.

If the diff ever comes out it will be cool as hell to have this option.
    No ass chewing necessary. Not to go into the inner workings of the company but the volume of the smaller kits we sell has a much larger effect on cash flow than the 10 housings and shafts we have sitting in a crate do. Its a cool product we are excited to get moving on but they will be a small percentage of our overall company sales so we need to do what is best to keep everything else moving. The market is not as small as you may think. Sure it is not a jeep market but we are one of the only companies competing in it for a few niche vehicles. It sounds cheesy but we do not release any product until all the bugs are worked out and determining if the vibration is due to a variation in aftermarket CV length or due to the manufacture not following exact specifications is something we take seriously. Being in business ( designing, testing, carrying real product liability insurance) since 2011, we must be doing something right. I promise this will get done but we are spread thin. This is a smaller of several companies we run so at times we are spread thin, especially with the arrival of a new baby ugh lol
    Current:

2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

2008 Black H3 Alpha- HD tierods, steering rack kit, Custom HD lower control arm bushing kit

2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

2008 White H3 Adventure

2009 White H3 Alpha Cammed 6.0L and 35s

I think we might have too many of these things now...

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,187 Posts

Hummer H3 HD Dana 50/ CV shaft upgrade

I appreciate your post. I think I may be skeptical at times (and others) as we have seen many come and go making promises and then they disappear, with that said you do have other Hummer products so you are staying around.

It definitely is a cool product and I do appreciate you making sure the product goes through the proper testing. I have bought parts that donít go through that testing and itís annoying when issues occur. I just thought the vibration would be a quick thing to discover and that you would push to find out so you can start selling product thatís just sitting around.

Running a business is tough, especially being short handed and having supply delays.

-Chris
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Any updates?

Baja
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtown View Post
    Any updates?
    We attended the Vermont Pilgrimage overland event this past weekend put about 10 hrs of road driving and tons of wheeling on it. Its tough we keep swapping parts to try to narrow the vibration down but come up empty handed. We have two test vehicles with them installed and vibration is in both but more pronounced in one. Starting to think it might be the extra rigid mounting, roller bearings for shafts instead of needle bearings, much larger rotating mass of the shafts and large CVs along with the full U-joint driveshaft that has no "give" in it like the stock CV drive shaft does.
    Current:

2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

2008 Black H3 Alpha- HD tierods, steering rack kit, Custom HD lower control arm bushing kit

2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

2008 White H3 Adventure

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    We attended the Vermont Pilgrimage overland event this past weekend put about 10 hrs of road driving and tons of wheeling on it. Its tough we keep swapping parts to try to narrow the vibration down but come up empty handed. We have two test vehicles with them installed and vibration is in both but more pronounced in one. Starting to think it might be the extra rigid mounting, roller bearings for shafts instead of needle bearings, much larger rotating mass of the shafts and large CVs along with the full U-joint driveshaft that has no "give" in it like the stock CV drive shaft does.
    Is this vibration something thats very pronounced? Or something faint?

"Hit it with your purse!"

Baja
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavoredH3 View Post
    Is this vibration something thats very pronounced? Or something faint?
    The one that is more pronounced feels like your tires aren't balanced but driveline related. There is nothing wrong with the setup we have swapped CVs, pulled cover to check diff and bearings, checked wheel bearings. We have put a ton of miles and wheeling on the new design and it has held up great just this last annoying issue.
    Current:

2008 White H3 Adventure

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Damn…Hope y’all can get it fixed. Really wanting this on my rig.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtown View Post
    DamnÖHope yíall can get it fixed. Really wanting this on my rig.
    A beefed up IFS? Potentially no more broken cvs or clunking to remind u to change the bushing? That would be amazing! Hope these guys figure it out!