Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
    Baja
    Thanks

General Questions on current and future products

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in setting up our sponsor section. We have been really busy working on several of our builds, getting ready for my wedding, buying several pieces of real estate and designing some new products. Cant wait until the winter for things to slow down! I will create a different thread for each of our products with descriptions and information on how or why we came up with a certain design. I will also put together a build thread for some of our H3s we have been working on.

Please feel free to use this thread if you have any general questions for us or have any requests for new products.

Thanks for your patience!
    Current:

2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

2008 Black H3 Alpha- HD tierods, steering rack kit, Custom HD lower control arm bushing kit

2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

2008 White H3 Adventure

I think we might have too many of these things now...

All Terrain
    Thanks
    When do you think the differential kit will be available and can you help me with the wiring side of an 09 H3T V8 swap?

Baja
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 5gn-h3t View Post
    When do you think the differential kit will be available and can you help me with the wiring side of an ‘09 H3T V8 swap?
    The final version of the Dana 50 front diff upgrade has been completed and we have been enjoying for about 6 months now. BUT...the reason we have not started selling is that at full suspension compression the inner CV boot on the much larger cv shafts lightly rubs the cross piece of the lower control arm. We strive to have 100% perfection with our kits and until we find a different cv shaft that does not have boot rub at full compression we did not want to go to market.
    Current:

2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

2008 Black H3 Alpha- HD tierods, steering rack kit, Custom HD lower control arm bushing kit

2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

2008 White H3 Adventure

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

BW_Hummer H3 (08-06-2019), jphh20 (08-06-2019), Lauren (08-08-2019), rascole (08-06-2019)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    At least tease us with some pics.
    2006 H3 Adventure & modified Rancho with SOA

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    The final version of the Dana 50 front diff upgrade has been completed and we have been enjoying for about 6 months now. BUT...the reason we have not started selling is that at full suspension compression the inner CV boot on the much larger cv shafts lightly rubs the cross piece of the lower control arm. We strive to have 100% perfection with our kits and until we find a different cv shaft that does not have boot rub at full compression we did not want to go to market.
    Does the Dana 50 diff upgrade provide any lift, not including ability for larger tires, and any idea on approximate price range? Also in for pics!
    2006 H3 3.5L I5 Adventure / Luxury / De-chromed / Torsion lift / 35" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs / Bilstein 5100 shocks / Schwarttzy Skid Plates and High Clearance Leaf Spring Plates / Warrior rear shackles / Solid Axle GM Corporate 10 Bolt rear diff cover / 1" Daystar body lift / Custom Tube Doors x4 / AirDoc / AFE dry filter / OD Steering Rack Reinforcement Kit, Differential bushing kit, and Heavy Duty Tie-Rods / PCM of NC tune / Long Tru-Cool LPD trans cooler and thermal by pass / Snorkel

Baja
    Thanks
    It's an upgrade for just the differential and CV shafts so no lift. I'll try to get a few pictures up later today when I'm back in the office
    Current:

2008 White H3 Adventure

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

BW_Hummer H3 (08-07-2019), RamRod (09-09-2020), rascole (08-07-2019), SlcHummer (08-08-2019)

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in setting up our sponsor section. We have been really busy working on several of our builds, getting ready for my wedding, buying several pieces of real estate and designing some new products. Cant wait until the winter for things to slow down! I will create a different thread for each of our products with descriptions and information on how or why we came up with a certain design. I will also put together a build thread for some of our H3s we have been working on.

Please feel free to use this thread if you have any general questions for us or have any requests for new products.

Thanks for your patience!
    So one of the projects that I know you guys are working on is the 6L90 swap kits. I'm the guy that has been religiously following up with you guys on Instagram every 3 months asking for updates lmao.

I noticed that you guys haven't started a different thread for this project and I think that if you're asking for requests on new products/build threads then this would be something that I would like to see.

So... any updates on the 6L90 swap kits??
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- Modified, probably.

SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.

Baja
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpcalero View Post
    So one of the projects that I know you guys are working on is the 6L90 swap kits. I'm the guy that has been religiously following up with you guys on Instagram every 3 months asking for updates lmao.

I noticed that you guys haven't started a different thread for this project and I think that if you're asking for requests on new products/build threads then this would be something that I would like to see.

So... any updates on the 6L90 swap kits??
    The 6l90 swap is definitely not for everyone as the only transfer case you can use is a modified np241 (which we used). I believe an atlas might be too narrow and driveshaft would hit the larger bell housing but not 100% on that.

The 6l80 is what we are using on our next full build but the roadblock has been the cost of the transfer case adapter we had made out of aluminum $$$$. The other issue is the company that was going to make us a new input shaft for the non adventure transfer case wants us to order a large run now and we really want to test a prototype first to make sure they get the tolerances right. That leaves us with just recutting the factory 32 spline to 27 spline which we had done but not sure of it's strength behind a 6.2L and towing. It has only been done behind a stock 5.3 and haven't heard long term reviews
    Current:

2008 White H3 Adventure

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Oh wow. The 6L80 would be the item of interest then for sure.

Question, are the non-adventure and adventure transfer case input shafts different?

- Modified, probably.

295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.

Baja
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpcalero View Post
    Oh wow. The 6L80 would be the item of interest then for sure.

Question, are the non-adventure and adventure transfer case input shafts different?
    Yes, spline count is the same but gear is different
    Current:

2008 White H3 Adventure

Low Profile
    Thanks
    I may have to add an H3 Alpha to my fleet if you guys are investing this much into the platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    The 6l90 swap is definitely not for everyone as the only transfer case you can use is a modified np241 (which we used). I believe an atlas might be too narrow and driveshaft would hit the larger bell housing but not 100% on that.

The 6l80 is what we are using on our next full build but the roadblock has been the cost of the transfer case adapter we had made out of aluminum $$$$. The other issue is the company that was going to make us a new input shaft for the non adventure transfer case wants us to order a large run now and we really want to test a prototype first to make sure they get the tolerances right. That leaves us with just recutting the factory 32 spline to 27 spline which we had done but not sure of it's strength behind a 6.2L and towing. It has only been done behind a stock 5.3 and haven't heard long term reviews
    Well, I can be the guinea pig for strength testing on the re-splined shafts if you need, as I already have a built 6.2 LS3 sitting in my garage and waiting for the swap into my Alpha Adventure T.

Even if they are re-splined, couldn't you still have it heat treated to restore the depth of the treating in the material after cutting? Or would that not be cost effective?

- Modified, probably.