• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The 250,000th Mile

08H3

After 11 years and an odometer that is starting to get up there, some of the numbers start to turn into milestones. For the quarter millionth mile, I wanted the Hummer to be doing something far more exciting than running to Starbucks or the grocery store like most of the 4x4s I see. The video is its 250,000th mile doing what it was meant to do. Stick around for mile 500,000. I'll have to think of something epic when I hit that mark!
[video=youtube_share;b3EFHmWw6D0]https://youtu.be/b3EFHmWw6D0[/video]
IMG_20190713_111146.jpg

Last edited:

08H3

Can you 'post' some of the repairs you've done to the H3, to get to 250,000 miles

I could post what I might think is sage advice, but it would probably just be nonsense to most people. The honest truth is, I've just been lucky. Nothing I have done (or not done) has likely made a whole lot of difference. I don't think 250k is really out of the realm of possibility for virtually any car. In a lot of cases, owner's just lose interest or get frustrated and give up on them by this point.

GoBlueHummer

Nice work!

I'm at 265,000 for my 06 H3. Only major repair was having the tranny rebuilt at 200K. I have replaced the steering rack, front hubs, and some other things that wear but nothing major (knock on wood)

Big2dabank

Welcome to the 250k club. I’m at 268k on my H2. Was fortunate enough to turn 100k and 200k while on the trails. However 200k to 250k was a rough few mikes, changed transmission, transfer case, rear main seal, steering gear, and steering pump. She’s feeling a little tired and will likely need to rebuild the top end of the motor soon. All in all not to bad for the mileage.