Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
    Low Profile
    Thanks

Door lock actuators

If anybodyís is weak or dead and youíre not wanting to spring for a whole new latch assembly, you can get just the actuators on Amazon. I paid $20 for this one and it works great. Just got done installing it.

Make sure you get the correct orientation for your needs. This one fits the passenger side doors.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076B31DTJ..._r2EkDbECZC14R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Well, it quit working yesterday. Havenít pulled the door panel to check it out yet, but it may have failed already. Iíll update when I figure it out.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Did you clean and lube the actual latch itself? I’m just thinking it could burn out if it is sticking/hard to actuate. On mine the latch itself gave up. Ever try to open a door where none of the linkage and cables work, and you can’t take the inside panel off (door was closed)?
    Last edited by Somethingbigandorange; 07-21-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Low Profile
    Thanks
    @ Somethingbigandorange Quote ďEver try to open a door where none of the linkage and cables work, and you canít take the inside panel off (door was closed)? ď

Iíd like to hear what caused that and how you ended up getting it open. I did a mechanical failsafe incase my rear door lock actuator failed but havenít heard of latch failure. Crazy.

í09 H3 Alpha / Adventure / Lux

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Thatís what was going on with this one when I bought it. Passenger rear door was locked and wouldnít unlock so it wouldnít open. I was able to pull the top of the door panel away enough to get my hand back there. Luckily the problem was the cable connection at the switch, and not the latch itself.

Once I got that resolved, then I found out that the actuator was too worn out to lock the door. It would unlock, but not lock fully. Still havenít opened it back up to see what the problem is now.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Korby7 - Latching mechanism itself failed. Not sure how, since I did not take it apart before shipping it back. The place I got the new one provides a lifetime warranty if you ship your old one to them. I hope they don't just replace the actuator and re-sell, since the actuator was working just fine. Irritating as all get out. I could hear it cycle bit it didn't do a thing. I got the rear of the inside panel and the weatherstrip along the bottom of the window off, so I could see everything connected and moving. Two different automotive locksmiths said "Sorry can't help" so I threw in the towel and took it to the dealer. One VERY long screwdriver and some violent stabbing and jamming later the tech managed to jog the latch loose. I briefly checked it while it was out and neither the cable nor the rod would release the latch. Some connection internally gave up. I put the new one in and all is well (fingers crossed).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Somethingbigandorange For This Useful Post:

Korby7 (07-26-2019)