• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Door lock actuators

lowtrac

If anybody’s is weak or dead and you’re not wanting to spring for a whole new latch assembly, you can get just the actuators on Amazon. I paid $20 for this one and it works great. Just got done installing it.

183f922702e60653dd1d8b4db7b6919f.jpg

Make sure you get the correct orientation for your needs. This one fits the passenger side doors.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076B31DTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_r2EkDbECZC14R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowtrac

Well, it quit working yesterday. Haven’t pulled the door panel to check it out yet, but it may have failed already. I’ll update when I figure it out.

Somethingbigandorange

Did you clean and lube the actual latch itself? I’m just thinking it could burn out if it is sticking/hard to actuate. On mine the latch itself gave up. Ever try to open a door where none of the linkage and cables work, and you can’t take the inside panel off (door was closed)? :gaah:

Last edited:

Korby7

@ Somethingbigandorange Quote “Ever try to open a door where none of the linkage and cables work, and you can’t take the inside panel off (door was closed)? :gaah:“

I’d like to hear what caused that and how you ended up getting it open. I did a mechanical failsafe incase my rear door lock actuator failed but haven’t heard of latch failure. Crazy.

lowtrac

That’s what was going on with this one when I bought it. Passenger rear door was locked and wouldn’t unlock so it wouldn’t open. I was able to pull the top of the door panel away enough to get my hand back there. Luckily the problem was the cable connection at the switch, and not the latch itself.

Once I got that resolved, then I found out that the actuator was too worn out to lock the door. It would unlock, but not lock fully. Still haven’t opened it back up to see what the problem is now.

Somethingbigandorange

Korby7 - Latching mechanism itself failed. Not sure how, since I did not take it apart before shipping it back. The place I got the new one provides a lifetime warranty if you ship your old one to them. I hope they don't just replace the actuator and re-sell, since the actuator was working just fine. Irritating as all get out. I could hear it cycle bit it didn't do a thing. I got the rear of the inside panel and the weatherstrip along the bottom of the window off, so I could see everything connected and moving. Two different automotive locksmiths said "Sorry can't help" so I threw in the towel and took it to the dealer. One VERY long screwdriver and some violent stabbing and jamming later the tech managed to jog the latch loose. I briefly checked it while it was out and neither the cable nor the rod would release the latch. Some connection internally gave up. I put the new one in and all is well (fingers crossed).