• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

I HATE HUMMERS=Found on a JEEP web page

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess ignorance is bliss. AMG was never owned by GM. I have worked on countless different types of vehicles and I can tell you that I have come to the conclusion automotive design engineers are paid by how many special tools their design forces mechanics to buy. The engine compartments of most new vehicles are a nightmare to work in/on. Besides Hummers I also own a Jeep. Guess what, the design engineers on it made some boneheaded design decisions also. I wonder if the OP on that thread did any research; ie, following guys from the parking lot into the gym showers to check on the size of their members vs what they drove. He sounds like the kind of tool that would enjoy that type of research. Interesting how he called the H3 a big, nasty, wet H3. I always thought of the H3 as being relatively small. If he thinks the H3 is big he must think the Gladiator requires a CDL. Unfortunately his type of thinking is fairly common in the Jeep world. Most of the hardcore wheelers give respect to other makes. It seems to be the dirt road weekend warriors with the econolifts and 33" tires that talk down the other rigs. I have wheeled with crawlers, the most built Jeeps you have ever seen all the way down to bone stock H3s and FJ Cruisers. Whether I was driving one of my H1s, H2s H3, Jeep or the Scorpion I have always respected the other guy and his rig. If he is a responsible wheeler I will wheel with him anytime.
If I wanted to be a tool I would comment that I have hauled more Jeeps off of the trail than every other make combined. I have seen more Jeeps in mall parking lots than every other make combined. Not being a tool I will also say that there are 10 times more Jeeps out there than every other make combined. Based on my 40+ years of observing the off-road crowd I can say one thing with certainty. The percentage of Jeep drivers that wheel their rigs is very similar to every other off road rig made. The vast majority of Jeep owners don't take their rigs off road, just like Hummer, Yota, and all the others. Like I said in the beginning...ignorance must be a blissful place since so many seem to want to stay there.

guruerror

LOL...I try to steer away from getting sucked into those 'hate' threads/articles. Hummer-bashing is such a 'dead horse.'

Why can't we all just get along? ;)

guruerror

Agreed...for the most part. A good deal of them tend to be a bit elitist and look down on any 4x4 that's "not Wrangler;" especially when you catch them moving as a herd.

...but they're not the only ones. Head over to Pirate4x4...lol...the Hummer gets no love there from pretty much anyone.

It is what it is.

Acer4LO

"I'm a manager At a quick lube"

Lube Tech Meme.png

scoreh3

Ok this pretty boy Jeep owner is the manager of a lure & screw you place that had to do an honest days work because his worker didn’t come in to work that day. This was probably the first time he’s ever had to get dirty and do work. I’ll bet he took the skid plate bolts all the way out and was trying to hold them up with one hand , instead of loosening the bolt and sliding the plates off. What is he talking about, the oil filter is very easy to get to? He’s the kind of manager who when you talk to him , he has no clue to what you are talking about. He was trained on how to make money for the company and to tell his workers that they need to pick up the pace and work faster. I hope he has moved on to a job better designed for his lack of mechanical skills. I’ll even go out on a limb and say , he probably had/has his workers do the oil change on his Jeep.

scoreh3

I sat down to eat lunch and read some of the posts the other Jeep people replied with , they were funnier than I hoped they’d be. I almost didn’t eat because I was having such a good time. This guy is a tool and is only out to make money for the company and stay clean in his office. The part where he pissed off the female truck owner was great too.

650Hawk

The stupid part is where the OP of the second thread reminds that since the Hummers come stock with lockers and the Jeep doesn't, it's not fair to compare them stock vs stock! Waaaaahhhhh!

Happy Hummer

Blah blah blah! Lol!
I own/ed a 01 Jeep Cherokee xj, 07 Hummer H3 and 06 Wrangler X.

And mho the HUMMER h3 is just better built. The xj is plentiful, cheap to purchase but a bastard to work on in the rust belt. The TJ is a great topless experience but it sucks you pockets dry in no time because it literally sucks. It constantly has quality control issues. Fellow Wrangler owners call that a Jeep thing..lol!

They all suck. Hahahaha.

The H3 just sucks less.