• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Chevy D44 front axle

SlcHummer

Excellent. That’s the perfect donor axle. Flat top knuckles included...bonus!

Thanks 4speedfunk. Also, thanks to Korby7 here is another local front solid axle that is slightly cheaper and has ram assist, https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/56461329. Which would be recommended? I know very little about what is needed for a SAS so any information I can get from you all the better, TYIA.

P.S. Wouldn't mind keeping the IFS if a HD setup was available...not pointing fingers at(vspeed4) anyone ;).

4speedfunk

Not much info on that one but it looks like another GM axle...should work fine. The knuckles have been drilled for use with heims, so those might need to be replaced if you want to run TREs (I prefer TREs).

Last edited:

JPaul

Yoink!

JK. Working on buying a new place farther north and selling the current house right now. Wife would kill me if I picked up an axle to sit around while the front pumpkin is still at the shop waiting for the rebuild. Plus I need the money for house stuff.

Seems like you'd want the first one, ram assist isn't hard to add I think. If CJ is excited about the first one then that is a good sign too. Either way you'll need a regear.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk