• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Door, rear hatch

Hunner

Several years ago, while turning around on a narrow levee surrounded by water I was about to make it as I was backed up almost to a tree. I should have used both feet on the pedals but I rolled back about 18 inches and my rear rack popped the window. Ouch, $200. I had a dent doctor attempt a repair. Not until I got the glass I found out there was an inch gap at the bottom that had to be filled. Was not happy.
Anyway for years off and on I have searched for a rear door. I finally found one that was already white.

I write this to give a heads up on the replacement installation.
You know how we complain about "what were they thinking" when we run into difficulty repairing things.

Get this one, four bolts, piece of cake, removing wiring harness, ugh!

This is not a joke, to get to the two harness plugs I had to remove both plastic body panels AND the subwoofer! duh

That part took me over two hours carefully removing and reinstalling.

IMG_2945.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2948.JPG

While I was in there I placed Dyno mat around the window. Previously I did that mostly in the floor.
posted here
https://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php/878-Hunner-sound-insulation

IMG_2953.JPG

Last edited:

Hunner

I might can weigh it. You mean being heavy to handle? I used a chain hoist in my shop to manage mine. You either have to have a couple of people to handle it and a third to put in the bolts. I did it myself being determined. 126 lbs