• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2006 H3 squeak noise...

signals34

I have a 2006 H3...about 99,500 miles...5sp manual....i have this squeaking noise i can not figure out....if any one can has a thought...i have a link to a quick video of it....it's a noise coming from under truck, towards rear....it happens when i start off in gear ,either forward or reverse...happens only when going slow...in high or low 4, same thing, will not happen when coasting ,either forward or back, only in gear, under load moving slow....things i tried already...lubing all u joints in shaft,lubing the rear springs and bushings,checked for any emergency brake pad rubbing ....any ideas? thanks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npxUth7XjJU

jphh20

From the sound of it, I would check the front and rear prop shafts u-joint and front cv joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4speedfunk

It’s clearly rotational. My bet is the CV joint on the rear of the front driveshaft, has gone dry.

Pull the shaft out, put the truck in 4-hi lock, and see if it makes the same noise.

Chimpy

I found that the rear prop shaft u-joints were the cause of a rotational squeak that I encountered a few months ago.