• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

A bunch of questions about the Tech 2 scanner ....please.

Jeepwalker

I guess I should start out by saying ....I don't own one ...thinking about getting one, ..I'm wondering what the chinese $320 version can and cannot do for these H3's? If it can save me a couple trips to the dealer, maybe it's worth getting one (or not??). For starters I'm planning to replace the key cylinder and fobs pretty soon, can it do that? What else?

While new to H2's, I have plenty of mech skills. I come from the school of Snap-On scanners. My current scanner isn't compatible with an 07. My other option would be to get a newer scanner, like a Solus or Verus Pro. I'm sure it would be more limited than the Tech 2, but would work with my other vehicles (Dodge, Jeeps, older GM's, VW, Land Rover, KIA, etc)

I'm hooked on H3's ...I think I'm going to be driving them for a long time.

Thanks

Last edited:

atvspeed4

I guess I should start out by saying ....I don't own one ...thinking about getting one, ..I'm wondering what the chinese $320 version can and cannot do for these H3's? If it can save me a couple trips to the dealer, maybe it's worth getting one (or not??). For starters I'm planning to replace the key cylinder and fobs, can it do that? What else?

Thanks
We have one and it does everything the real one can do. We maintain a small fleet of Hummers and it is essential to have.

Traxx

I've used the bejeezers out of mine. Do some fob programming on the side for a bit and you can let it pay for itself.

Jeepwalker

Can you do things like reprogram a radio, re-set for a new lock cylinder ....and program a BCM? Do you need the GM subscription to do those things on an 07 H3?

The 90% everyday things, a Snap-on Scanner would work better for me. They can do fobs, bi-directional, etc. But not as comprehensive as a Tech 2. However it would work with my other vehicles.

Which kit did you buy? What was in it? I've seen a couple different ones.

Thanks!

H

harveyspecter

I guess I should start out by saying ....I don't own one ...thinking about getting one, ..I'm wondering what the chinese $320 version can and cannot do for these H3's? If it can save me a couple trips to the dealer, maybe it's worth getting one (or not??). For starters I'm planning to replace the key cylinder and fobs pretty soon, can it do that? What else?

While new to H2's, I have plenty of mech skills. I come from the school of Snap-On scanners. My current scanner isn't compatible with an 07. My other option would be to get a newer scanner, like a Solus or Verus Pro. I'm sure it would be more limited than the Tech 2, but would work with my other vehicles (Dodge, Jeeps, older GM's, VW, Land Rover, KIA, etc)

I'm hooked on H3's ...I think I'm going to be driving them for a long time.

Why you don't try with OBD I or OBDII? It can be used for both Android and Apple programs. On Autoguysland, there is a comparison between obd1 vs obs, so you can review and choose the suitable one.
Thanks

You should review some other scanners before you make decision to get the new one for your vehicle.