• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Knock sensor on V8 hummer h3

lsv_palana

Hello dear friends ! I have got error p0333. This knock sensor 2 high output... Who knows where is this sensor located ? how i can reach it ? thank you.

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk

spike10940

Knock sensor would be under the exhaust manifold screwed in to the side of the block where the pistons are. Google your year H3 to get an exact location of it. Check to be sure something else isn't causing the problem. Sometimes changing the sensor doesn't fix the problem.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jeepwalker

Can the sudden failure of the knock sensor leave these vehicles disabled? (like has happened on a couple jeeps I've owned).

I've gotten into the habit of installing a new Knock Sensor when I buy a used vehicles ....and put the previous (working) one in the glove box. Wonder if I need to do that here?

Thanks!

[EDIT] Sorry I meant Crank Position Sensor...

Last edited:

lsv_palana

Dear friends ! Can somebody show me a picture where this damn knock sensor 2 located on v8 5.3l hummer h3 ? lh8 engine...i cant find it !

Mr_Rich

The knock sensors (2) are located underneath the intake manifold. When I swapped out the LS1 (Gen III) engine in my '98 Firebird I pinched one of the knock sensor wires on the first sensor when I re-installed the intake manifold. It was easy to do on an LS1/ LS6 engine. Gave me a hard fault I had to repair but it was fixable since the terminal was a WeatherPak and I had a slightly shorter wire without having to do a splice. What happens is that water collects in the holes the sensors mount in and they corrode. On my engine it looked like the front sensor was the one most affected by corrosion. The knock sensors may be in another location on later LS engines so if you don't find them below the exhaust manifolds look under the intake manifold.

lsv_palana

Last edited:

JPaul

The knock sensors (2) are located underneath the intake manifold. When I swapped out the LS1 (Gen III) engine in my '98 Firebird I pinched one of the knock sensor wires on the first sensor when I re-installed the intake manifold. It was easy to do on an LS1/ LS6 engine. Gave me a hard fault I had to repair but it was fixable since the terminal was a WeatherPak and I had a slightly shorter wire without having to do a splice. What happens is that water collects in the holes the sensors mount in and they corrode. On my engine it looked like the front sensor was the one most affected by corrosion. The knock sensors may be in another location on later LS engines so if you don't find them below the exhaust manifolds look under the intake manifold.
My 2008 has them on either side of the block. I think they moved them there for AFM.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lsv_palana

My dear friends ! Time passed. i have all needed information about knocking sensors.
on hummer h3 v8 5.3l they are located on both sides of engine. in the botton part of it. Left knocking sensor can be reached very easy.. it have a cylinder foil-coated cap on it.. very easy to find. right is also can be found easy, but harder to remove- but not very hard. it also have cylinder foil-coated cap on it. to remove sensor and unplug harness connector you must remove cup first. My car gives me a sensor 2 bank 2 high output. i bought new sensor (sensor 2 - right side) and change it. It is not help me to fight error.. i just trow money to basket ... sensor was in good condition. error does not desappear.. I have checked harness connector and found that it rusted... i clean it, solder wires to pins in connector and put it on sensor. error gone :) so dumb i am.. i must do it first before buying new sensor :)

thank you, my friends

From Russia, with love - your friend Sergei :)