• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3T Broke down at the camp ground.

H3TDave

So I got pulled into the camp ground after running about two hours to get here shot it off once along the way. But now it won't start back. I turn the key on and all I get is a check engine light and the red anti theft light of doom. It won't crank and the radio won't come on nothing electrical. You can heard the abs system cycle that's it won't let you move the shifter. Ive read let it set for 20 mins and try agai. So far no luck. I've got the battery unhooked and I'm waiting to see if that does it. Btw 09 H3T alpha. Any help would be appreciated I've got 3 days before I have to load up and head out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Double check your connections to the battery terminals to make sure that they are not tight or corroded. I would take the battery out and get it tested. Also, you could check the fuse block main harness in the engine compartment. The fuse box has a large harness/connector on the underside that has worked loose for others in the past, or maybe didn't get seated properly when the fuse box was pulled.

When you let it sit, was the truck off and key out?

Weak/failed batteries create weird symptoms in the H3.

H3TDave

I guess I'm going to have keep an eye on it. I left the battery unhooked for about an hour and It fired right up.

SlcHummer

Are you running stock battery terminal ends? They've been known to cause strange symptoms, in my case I've experienced 2-3 times where the front driver side window wont roll down and the automatic door locks won't work, both key fob and door panel buttons. These symptoms will present themselves at the worst opportunity as well, such as when you've just purchased a bunch of of crap at home depot which you really need your back door to open but can't because there is no manual unlock.

I know, I'm the dummy who knows better and still has stock battery terminal ends, that should change soon hopefully. Anyway, point is if still using stock battery terminal ends, change them out and hopefully symptom(s) will be fixed.

H3TDave

Are you running stock battery terminal ends? They've been known to cause strange symptoms, in my case I've experienced 2-3 times where the front driver side window wont roll down and the automatic door locks won't work, both key fob and door panel buttons. These symptoms will present themselves at the worst opportunity as well, such as when you've just purchased a bunch of of crap at home depot which you really need your back door to open but can't because there is no manual unlock.

I know, I'm the dummy who knows better and still has stock battery terminal ends, that should change soon hopefully. Anyway, point is if still using stock battery terminal ends, change them out and hopefully symptom(s) will be fixed.
Yep still stock. I hate those ends. They really are a terrible design. I'll probably see about changing them out.

Happy Hummer

I personally would take the time to check, clean grounds and use DVM to check my alternator output value. Should be in the 14.5+v range with engine idling.

Mr_Rich

Sounds to me like the dreaded PITA Pass-Lock glitch that started affecting me after about 100K. It's easy enough to get to the switch. I had enough practice after the one I bought wouldn't work and I sprayed my old one with electrical cleaner and put it back together. It started working much better after that. I think the battery terms cause other issues besides this one. I had replaced my battery terms way before the Pass-Lock problem started happening so I don't think it had anything to do with the battery. It's just the ten minute re-learn procedure which interrupts your plans and is a pain when you have to be somewhere.

2010H3TAlpha

Ah man, I feel your pain. Have you tried a different key by chance? It has been a while, but I think unhooking the battery for 20 minutes, and then it fires up is consistent with the Passlock reset process. Has the truck ever had any other issues? Any mods or tunes?

H3TDave

Ah man, I feel your pain. Have you tried a different key by chance? It has been a while, but I think unhooking the battery for 20 minutes, and then it fires up is consistent with the Passlock reset process. Has the truck ever had any other issues? Any mods or tunes?
First time it's done it. Had to be 2 hours away from my other key. But no mods.