• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Humvee Watch

Jeepwalker

Just thought I'd share a neat Hummer accessory purchase recently. It's NOT a lift kit, NOT tires or a bolt-on part ...it's this handsome (IMO) Humvee watch ($12-shipped, ebay - used but nice).

The quality is a lot better than I was expecting ...considering the blurry auction picture. It's a dive watch, loosely based on a Submariner style watch. The sunburst face is kind of gold-tone, but it didn't show up in the picture. Not sure the company which made it, I imagine imported, but uses a Japan movement. I had a nice exchange with the seller who is a watch afficianado and works on watches in his spare time. He apparently disassembled, cleaned and re-lubricated everything. The action of the dive bezel is nice and smooth. The dive bezel is handy for just about any kind of short-term timing need.

The other watch (the smaller inset) is my main watch, a Timex e-compass watch. Really neat piece of gear, that has an electronic compass (that is quite accurate). Great for trails, hikes, etc for quick bearing. Yeah, I know a guy can use a phone, but still a neat feature on a watch.

Cheers!

Watches_email.JPG

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

I should have mentioned (...and most guys probably already know this), Humvee Adventure Gear is military/adventure/tactical gear, not associated with AM General or GM as far as I'm aware of. Let's face it, a lot of import stuff, but they did advertise some USA-made items. This is all I could find:

"Humvee is a brand that was incepted in 1979 for a wide range of military gear. Humvee soon became the backbone of U.S. army. The comprehensive line of Humvee line is molded to ensure the best performance on field. Humvee Gear is designed to sustain in the most demanding situations– ensuring the best of simplicity and ease of usage. The line of Humvee Gear includes everything from flashlights, watches, compasses, vests, jackets, binoculars, sunglasses, lighters to windup powered tools. If you are planning to buy Humvee Gear online, then explore Knife Country USA a bit further."

Last edited: