• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Abs help

matthewj92e

so as I’m driving at about 40-45 mph the traction control light comes on AND THE BRAKES LOCK UP ALMOST GETTING ME KILLED!!!!! (Deep breath) this has happened on dry roads which made me worry. that being said this has happened a couple times since. Never at slow speeds and now I’m too scared to take it up to high speeds. Once the brakes unlock the dash light goes away. Too nervous to put kids back in the car. Any advice? Is my ABS module freaking out? Wheel bearings? Mass flow sensor???

Thanks again everyone for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPaul

Have you pulled the codes to see what the computer says? If you don't have a scanner then go to Autozone/O'Reilly's/NAPA/wherever and they can do it for you for free.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

08H3

4Speed had similar (not exact but similar) problem that I think ended up being air in the brake line. Hopefully he'll chime in.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm betting my money on an ABS sensor but as 3rdH3 has indicated you'll need a professional code reader to get ABS codes. For future posts, it's also helpful to include the vehicle model about which you are posting.

Korby7

A bad Hub Assembly can cause an ABS Code also.

I just had this happen to me over the weekend passing through Oakland. The hub had enough play that it caused the rotor to push into the brake assembly. I wonder if this could potentially lock 'em up if it was bad enough? I replaced the hub and code went away. Side note: If you live in Oakland, get out. Auto-zone shouldn't need an armed guard...

Last edited: