• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

hummerxclub.com shutdown

JPaul

Was looking around in Google for some roofrack ideas and tried visiting a thread on hummerxclub.com. Looks like they've shut down, the domain expired last month: Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-02-23T09:31:49Z
Never really went on there much myself unless I was looking for information. Bit of a shame that more info about the Hummer's has been lost. Unfortunately the Internet Archive doesn't seem to archive web forums either, so it doesn't seem possible to get any of that anymore unless the site owners bring it back up, which odds are is very unlikely.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. The Owner of the site passed away and I guess his family let the site go when it expired and came up for renewal.

Acer4LO

That is sad to hear. Never really went on it at all, but it was a great archive of information if you were looking for something specific.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
The site was great, one of the OG forums. Honestly when i first got my Hummer i spent hours and days reading build threads and tech threads on there. I remember reading Nuggets and Hunners builds on there as well as Recons. Sad to see it go.

2010H3TAlpha

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
About a year ago; March 2018.

Mark had been running it for years and continued to do so. Told me a month or two ago he was moving closer to the west but then he stopped. Sent him an email the other day but so far; no reply.

Last edited:

JPaul

I wonder if they still have the files or if those have been lost? I could handle hosting and management of the site seeing how I have access to free hosting being a sysadmin at a web hosting company. The owners have tons of BS little sites here they host for friends and family.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Big2dabank

About a year ago; March 2018.

Mark had been running it for years and continued to do so. Told me a month or two ago he was moving closer to the west but then he stopped. Sent him an email the other day but so far; no reply.

Are you talking about Mark W. I haven't seen him in a while, didn't realize he was thinking of heading west.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Last comm I had with him, about a week before the site closed down he stated he was moving in my direction. Not sure exactly what that meant, or where, wrote him back and then everything was gone. I wrote him a week or two ago, but not sure if the email address was correct. Nothing.....

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Great.
I'm guessing with the lack of traffic (a post or two each month, paid up for a certain period of time by Phil; Mark or anyone else probably saw no need for the site and let it expire. I was actually surprised it didn't expire sooner.

Last edited:

Big2dabank

Got word back from Mark. He is in KS now.

He maintained HXC for as long as he could but lost control of the domain once Phil passed. He still has all of the content and was still trying to get control of the domain. So good news for now, the content is preserved. Not sure if Mark ever became a member of this group, but I'm sure he trolls it from time to time, hell, he knows most of us old timers pretty well anyway.

SoCalH3

I missed the previous post before replying about the site being back up, never mind!

Last edited: