• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Front bumpers

Albrechtk

It truely irritates me that after market bumpers cost so much for the H 3, especially since I see dozens for jeeps that are reasonably priced. What the heck. With as popular as these are, even though they are no longer in production, why aren't there more aftermarket parts? Any options ?

Albrechtk

I have to do something, my son rear ended a Journey at low speed but it still messed up the front end. I have to replace all the plastic parts, thought I'd upgrade at the same time

4speedfunk

China! That’s why there are so many bumper options for Jeeps. I considered making THORparts offshore but I would have to make hundreds of them, and I’m sure the quality would suffer. Not to mention all of the skilled US workers that make them would loose out.

And I would be a total douchebag.

So, I’m forced to sort of flounder around...not enough numbers to make it pay. And not willing to outsource to China.

atvspeed4

China! That’s why there are so many bumper options for Jeeps. I considered making THORparts offshore but I would have to make hundreds of them, and I’m sure the quality would suffer. Not to mention all of the skilled US workers that make them would loose out.

And I would be a total douchebag.

So, I’m forced to sort of flounder around...not enough numbers to make it pay. And not willing to outsource to China.
Shipping would be a pain but maybe we should talk about getting these back up and running for you some time. We do small runs all the time for people with our cnc plasma table

Albrechtk

So, I found a US company where I can get a steel bumper for $540.00 which isn't bad, except - I can't weld it together. The wife is not too sure about it because she doesn't want it to look like " some red neck threw it together in his back yard" lol (the red neck would be me)

SlcHummer

So, I found a US company where I can get a steel bumper for $540.00 which isn't bad, except - I can't weld it together. The wife is not too sure about it because she doesn't want it to look like " some red neck threw it together in his back yard" lol (the red neck would be me)

I'm assuming this is a weld yourself MOVE bumper?