Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brush raked
    Thanks

RC Rock Crawlers, I am hooked!

Well, after playing with Scarsman's and his kids axial SCX10's a few times, I finally got my own. I picked up the Axial SCX10 Honcho RTR. After figuring out what battery and charger to get, thanks to Robert, I got a fun new toy. It's something I can do with my boys and when I am jonezing for some wheeling.

Due to a fire and some closed trails, we got to put in a lot of trail time with our RC crawlers. Lets just say this wasn't the only time Scarsman recovered my vehicle while on the trail.

The mods have already begun. Thanks to Scarsman I have KMW rock sliders and tie rod. I also flipped the drive shafts to protect the teeth. Next up will be a KMW bumper, and some beadlocks.

It is yet another fun addictive hobby that will help drain the bank account.
    2009 Hummer H3 Championship Edition, 6 speed auto , 35" Discoverer STT Pro, powdercoated oem wheels, Black Widow dual exhaust, Bilstein 5160's front, 5100's rear, Safari Snorkel, Projector Headlights, LED Fog Lights, remote start, blacked out trim, oem rock sliders, Knight Metal Works Expedition roof rack with 4 6x9 KC's, 2 mounted ammo boxes, hi-lift mount, and tie downs, Knight Metal Works Undercarriage protection, Tomp low profile rear leaf spring plates

HIPPO

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ABNTROOP For This Useful Post:

H3slate (08-26-2013)

Brush raked
    Thanks
    Made some upgrades to my SCX-10 Honcho. The sliders I got from Knight Metal Works, they don't flex like the stock plastic and hold my saddle pack battery packs. I also got an upgraded metal tie-rod from KMW for improved steering response.

I picked up a set of Rock Beasts with Single stage foam inserts from Crawler Innovations. The foam inserts are waterproof and help the tires look and perform like real tires would. I installed those with a set of black Axial beadlocks. I replaced the stock plastic suspension links with some aluminum ones I got off of Ebay. With the new links I was able to replace the stock 3 link setup in front with a 4 link setup.

Next up is a new front metal winch bumper from Knight Metal Works. Also need one more wheel so I can swap out my stock spare. I would also like to get the interior kit for the Honcho.

We are headed to Bend next week, supposed to have some fun areas to play... for the full size and rc truck.
    Last edited by H3slate; 10-30-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    2009 Hummer H3 Championship Edition, 6 speed auto , 35" Discoverer STT Pro, powdercoated oem wheels, Black Widow dual exhaust, Bilstein 5160's front, 5100's rear, Safari Snorkel, Projector Headlights, LED Fog Lights, remote start, blacked out trim, oem rock sliders, Knight Metal Works Expedition roof rack with 4 6x9 KC's, 2 mounted ammo boxes, hi-lift mount, and tie downs, Knight Metal Works Undercarriage protection, Tomp low profile rear leaf spring plates

Wild Thang
    Thanks
    Hi Erik-- LOVE your new obsesson... er... I mean truck! LOL! Looks like you went all out and got some serious upgrades on it. Thanks for sharing your new hobby on here. Have fun in Bend, and make sure you take lots of pics!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________
    2006 H3 Slate Blue / Luxury Pkg / 285/75/16 GY Duratracs / OEM Rock Sliders / OEM UCP / Hunner Xtreme Skids / OEM Brushguard / PIAA 520 Fog Lamps

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,136 Posts
    do they make an H3 body for those things?

Looks like fun!
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

Brush raked
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    do they make an H3 body for those things?

Looks like fun!
    Not officially. There are H3 bodies out there, they would have originally been on a Newbright RC and are modified to fit these trucks.

Chapter President

Thanks
    One of my sons just got a NewBright H3 body to put on his. He's working on getting it modded to mount on the chassis now.
    Knight Metal Works
    Custom CNC plasma cutting and light metal fabrication.
    Brackets, parts, signs, metal art, custom 4x4 accessories,
    and the baddest Hummer roof racks around!
    WWW.KNIGHTMETALWORKS.COM

'05 H2 Stealth Gray - Recon winch w/custom mount - custom roof rack w/KC 69 series lights - Kryptonite tie rods
    37 x 12.50-17 Cooper STTs on stock bed linered wheels

Brush raked
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsman View Post
    One of my sons just got a NewBright H3 body to put on his. He's working on getting it modded to mount on the chassis now.
    Can't wait to see what he does with it!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Here is my H3.

I am also reworking a H3T that was beat up pretty bad when I found it and a 1/6 scale H2 with full interior that I haven't decided what to do with.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrkilburn For This Useful Post:

Portager (11-23-2013)

Lif"T"ed

Thanks
    That's pretty cool!

Sent with Tapacrack
    '09 H3T ALPHA

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans3T For This Useful Post:

Jrkilburn (11-03-2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    It's a fun hobby. I've been into it since 05ish. Here's some of the better looking rigs i've built:

Lovell Clone gettin wild:

Tamed:

Orange truck mike inspired me to build:

Long Live You JK:

Some heep:

One of my first rigs i built:

Not shortly long after that came this FJ SUT thing:

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Wow, I had a monster beetle back in the day and modded it out Trinty motor, better servos, better shocks and many more. I can't even remember its been so long ago.
    What you can do now and what you guys are doin is pretty cool...
    Just slowly buildin and wheelin

Low Profile
    Thanks

I may have an unhealthy obsession ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Maybe...But, I was just watch some youtube vids and watched some RC ones. The way they take the vids and how they drive them is pretty cool. I just rememberin blastin and breakin things and gettin air...Almost like real life when we're gettin older...
    Just slowly buildin and wheelin

Chapter President

Thanks
    I just picked up a set of axles and a transmission for a build. The kids and I are going to make a rc scaler with a 1/6 F150 body they have. We'll build a frame for it.

Here's the body propped up over some 1.9 Flat Irons. We'll probably run 2.2 Irocs or Boggers on it.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Scarsman; 11-22-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    Knight Metal Works
    Custom CNC plasma cutting and light metal fabrication.
    Brackets, parts, signs, metal art, custom 4x4 accessories,
    and the baddest Hummer roof racks around!
    WWW.KNIGHTMETALWORKS.COM

'05 H2 Stealth Gray - Recon winch w/custom mount - custom roof rack w/KC 69 series lights - Kryptonite tie rods
    37 x 12.50-17 Cooper STTs on stock bed linered wheels