• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

OPINION,I purchased 07 H3,one owner,70k miles,garage kept,all service records for$13k

ski.dive

OPINION

I purchased an 07 H3.

One owner, 70k miles, garage kept, leather with all service records for$13k

Never modified or driven Off-Road, Florida H3 with zero rust

Last edited:

mjferencak

07’ with 70k for $13, not bad. Bought my 06’ 7 years ago with 74k for $19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjferencak

254k miles WOW!!!

What type of mechanical work have you done it ?

I’ve done the typical work like torsion bar crank, polyurethane bushings, maintaining the suspension but the thing that will keep our H3s and any vehicle going for a long time is routine maintenance like oil changes, throttle body and MAF cleaning. Stuff like that. Buy a OBD2 reader and if your check engine light comes on, just plug it in and see what codes you get. This H3 community here on this forum is amazing and we’ll help you or anyone out that ask for it.

SlcHummer

I’ve done the typical work like torsion bar crank, polyurethane bushings, maintaining the suspension but the thing that will keep our H3s and any vehicle going for a long time is routine maintenance like oil changes, throttle body and MAF cleaning. Stuff like that. Buy a OBD2 reader and if your check engine light comes on, just plug it in and see what codes you get. This H3 community here on this forum is amazing and we’ll help you or anyone out that ask for it.

^^ you speak truth! I hope my 06 H3 grows up like yours ;) lol. Bought my 06 H3 Adventure 5 years back with 110k miles for $14k and now at 156k miles, wasn't the best price in hind sight due to lack of knowledge of H3's however the rig has served me well. Been to Moab a few times and going strong although have invested in a few upgrades, see signature for a list of significant upgrades.

Last edited:

SlcHummer

OPINION

I purchased an 07 H3.

One owner, 70k miles, garage kept, leather with all service records for$13k

Never modified or driven Off-Road, Florida H3 with zero rust

Sounds like a decent purchase. Did it come with the adventure package/rear locker? If so definitely a better buy although still good if not. Hopefully the "never modified or driven off-road" changes for you lol. With that said, I would definitely look everything over to see if needed maintenance or repairs has been neglected, i.e. bushings, ball joints, radiator, cleaning maf/tb, dif/tc/trans fluids, exhaust manifold leak, etc. Seems these things are often neglected by owners who believe staying on paved roads doesn't hurt these components, even while driving 75+ mph.

lowtrac

Every sensor bad. Fuel tank vent solenoid bad. Blend door actuator bad. Likes to die when going uphill and wont crank for 2-5 minutes

LOL. Keep fighting the good fight brother.

Could be the EVAP vent solenoid causing the stalling problem if it’s stuck closed I guess. Too much vacuum in the tank may be causing low fuel pressure. Next time it does it take the fuel cap off and see if it cranks quicker.

4speedfunk

Every sensor bad? I would check the grounds, and charging system. It would be really cool if a battery, cables, and a Saturday afternoon got it running good.