• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Ronny Dahl snapping tow balls

JPaul

Ronny Dahl (4wheeling Australia) made a video showing what happens when using towballs and chains as recovery gear in a snatch recovery:

[video=youtube;eFD4Fd03bq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFD4Fd03bq8[/video]

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same **** goes for those parts store (Autozone, Pep boys, Chief Auto) tow hooks.

Friend made the mistake of trusting them on another guys Jeep he was pulling out of a frame stuck.

Bolts gave on the hook and it ended up about three inches above his head, embedded in the back of his cab/roof.

Just a few inches lower and it would have gone through the back glass and his noggin.

Next time I saw that happen, the actual hook broke and the end of the strap went through the guys back glass.

Head rest saved him from worse injury.

scoreh3

It’s very good info on always use the right equipment, but Who get that fast of running start when pulling someone out? I would hate to see him punching starting someone. Be safe and spend the extra money on the right equipment.

JPaul

It’s very good info on always use the right equipment, but Who get that fast of running start when pulling someone out? I would hate to see him punching starting someone. Be safe and spend the extra money on the right equipment.
You should just go watch the countless videos on youtube of untrained and uneducated people making recovery attempts. Lots of them using non-rated recovery points and plenty not even using snatch straps but rather tow straps.

Can't recall if it was on here I saw it but there was a video of a couple of those Jeep renegades or pandas or whatever where they ripped the rear bumper clean off doing a "snatch" recovery. Didn't help that the guy being recovered seemed to apply his brakes right when the tow vehicle got the strap taut.

Never underestimate the idiocy of people.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk